Rhapsody of the Seas Tips appreciated!

Hello all,

New member and first time cruiser with Royal Caribbean here. Also, this is our first trip to Italy. We are on the Rhapsody of the Seas, for a 10 night Mediterranean cruise depart Oct 2016, from Venice and finishing in Rome.

We have never been to any other countries in Europe other than France, so would love to hear some tips from people who have taken this cruise, either ship tips, or port tips. Here is our itinerary:

Venice, Italy

Koper, Slovenia

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Kotor, Montenegro

Valletta, Malta

Palma De Mallorca, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Rome, Italy

Thanks in advance for ANY help and/or advice you can offer!

I was last on Rhapsody in 2001, which was my first 7 day cruise; all those before were short cruises.  While I can't be of much help, I agree with Raye that the itinerary looks superb.

I did have an issue with the in-room safe not working, but I'd guess that that's fixed by now. ;)

Hi - and welcome -

Great itinerary - and even though I have not sailed the Rhapsody I think you will like it

Rome - keep in mind the port is one hour from the city so getting a tour or private guide for

the day may be the way to go - Dubrovnik you will love - beautiful coastal city - as are many of

the others

I often look at www.shoretrips.com for tours instead of the cruise lines - smaller group sizes

and my new favorite for clients is www.toursbylocals.com - these are guides that live in the

cities all around the world you visit -you can pick out a pre-arranged itinerary or make

up your own with the guide directly -have used them a lot and highly recommend for city

and day touring