Jump to content

We Will Rock You - Standby Available?


WannaCruise
 Share

Recommended Posts

My entertainment for Anthem just opened up (yah....seems really early).  I'm a big fan of We Will Rock You and have seen it in my home city a few times years ago.

The times are a bit awkward at 6:30pm one day, and on another day at 2:30pm and 6:30pm.

This is a show that I'd be happy to see more than once., but I'm guessing the show fills up.

Anyone know the likely hood of getting in on standby for the 2:30pm matinee?  Do they completely sell out (esp when the other times conflict with early traditional dinner time)?

As a separate note...can you typically pre-book the Headliner show on Anthem?  We only have the 3 shows (so hard to know how to coordinate everything).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Anyone know the likely hood of getting in on standby for the 2:30pm matinee?  Do they completely sell out (esp when the other times conflict with early traditional dinner time)?

As a separate note...can you typically pre-book the Headliner show on Anthem?  We only have the 3 shows (so hard to know how to coordinate everything).

Standby might be available but no one can predict it with certainty and you might not have great seats or seats together.

No headliner reservations.  Other than the Gift no other main theater reservations are used on Anthem.  Spectra's Cabaret is in Two70° and it also uses reservations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you stick around for the final number after the cast takes their bows, you won't be to dinner earlier than 8:30. My wife and I had seen the matinee showing last year, so when we saw it last month at the 6:30 showing we cut out at the cast bows and even then didn't get to our table in the MDR until about 8:20. Not the best on what was the final night of the cruise, with the wait staff already trying to get everyone served and deal with the servers' parade mid-meal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

If you stick around for the final number after the cast takes their bows, you won't be to dinner earlier than 8:30. My wife and I had seen the matinee showing last year, so when we saw it last month at the 6:30 showing we cut out at the cast bows and even then didn't get to our table in the MDR until about 8:20. Not the best on what was the final night of the cruise, with the wait staff already trying to get everyone served and deal with the servers' parade mid-meal.

Thanks for the timing!  That helps!  Yes, we would stay to the end.  We can't do the MDR that night as we have the early dinner time.  (Or DS said he wants to go to the MDR so maybe DS and DH go for a quick meal before show meal.  DD and I will grab something after as we like to line up early to get good seats). I see Solarium has an 8:30pm booking, which should be close based on your MDR timing, but probably Windjammer like twangster mentioned will work best.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have seen WWRY twice now.  The last 30 minutes are excellent.  Three thoughts:

1) Both times everyone got in (Wait List as well).  If you are wait listing, you may want to show up 20- 30 minutes early.  Others are correct ... you may not get a seat.

2)  We were in standing room for our wait list ... it was great.  Much closer to some prime dancing spots.

3)  If you show up late, just go in ... again, standing room for the last 30 minutes is a great combination.

Have a blast,

Curt from Canada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Curt From Canada said:

We have seen WWRY twice now.  The last 30 minutes are excellent.  Three thoughts:

1) Both times everyone got in (Wait List as well).  If you are wait listing, you may want to show up 20- 30 minutes early.  Others are correct ... you may not get a seat.

2)  We were in standing room for our wait list ... it was great.  Much closer to some prime dancing spots.

3)  If you show up late, just go in ... again, standing room for the last 30 minutes is a great combination.

Have a blast,

Curt from Canada

Thank you for sharing!  I am actually totally fine with standing (although my 10 year old may be be quite as ok).  Good to know though that this is an option.  Would definitely line up at least 30 min early for stand by.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kurtp13 said:

I am sailing Feb 7th.  Probably the same sailing as the OP.  I was trying to avoid lobster night.  So I booked on the Nassau day.  Also have early dining.  

Our cruise is March but probably same itinerary.  I also booked in the Nassau day.  Is that formal night (I e. Lobster night)??? I hope not. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kurtp13 said:

I am sailing Feb 7th.  Probably the same sailing as the OP.  I was trying to avoid lobster night.  So I booked on the Nassau day.  Also have early dining.  

I found 2 old compasses of the 7 day Bahamas cruise and it looks like day 6, the sea day is formal night  Not clear if you wanted to miss the MDR on formal night, or make sure you don't miss it.  Nassau is day 5....so all good on my side.  Hopefully that's what you wanted too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...