Anthem sailing in Feb 2020

Geoff P

I had the same question for Quantum a while back. The response seemed to indicate approximately 75-60 days before sail date.

In my case, the North Star has still not appeared. Looks like I will be booking that one onboard.

RipCord and the paid FlowRider sessions appeared within that 75-60 days window.

One word of warning: the shows in 270* did not appear on the website cruise planner but appeared in the App. They booked out within 24 hours and I missed a spot. So sharpen your ninja App skills and be ready to make a booking for any shows you want to see. I am hoping that slots will re-appear either before sailing, or once onboard.

3 minutes ago, KWofPerth said:

I had the same question for Quantum a while back. The response seemed to indicate approximately 75-60 days before sail date.

In my case, the North Star has still not appeared. Looks like I will be booking that one onboard.

One word of warning: the shows in 270* did not appear on the website cruise planner but appeared in the App. They booked out within 24 hours and I missed a spot. So sharpen your ninja App skills and be ready to make a booking for any shows you want to see. I am hoping that slots will re-appear either before sailing, or once onboard.

Good to know, thanks!  So on the app, to book a reservation do I just click on say RipCord for example and when it is available to book there will be a link or button to click on?  Right now when I look at it there isn’t.

10 minutes ago, Geoff P said:

Good to know, thanks!  So on the app, to book a reservation do I just click on say RipCord for example and when it is available to book there will be a link or button to click on?  Right now when I look at it there isn’t.

So far my bookings have been done via the website, so I can't really advise. However, what I saw when I tried to book a show in the 270* theatre was that there was a "reserve now" button, which happened to be greyed out, with a prompt to call the 1800 number to speak to somebody (which I did, and they informed me it was booked out).

One other thing I noticed was that RipCord was not showing in the app until it was available to book (which I had already done via the website anyway). So if you're seeing RipCord in the app but it's not available for booking yet, then I don't know what this means. Probably nothing.

10 hours ago, KWofPerth said:

That's interesting. I thought that you can't book anything on the app until you are onboard?  Plus mine always seems to load late and not always accurate 

We've been lucky with Oasis class booking in the planner early, but it seems from others comments that Anthem class comes late and some items not at all?  We have March cruise so also interested.

I called customer service a couple weeks ago because I was curious and was booking my shore excursions anyway, figured I'd book everything while I was doing those, and they advised it's usually once you hit that 90-day window, but apparently it varies once you hit that point based on what I've seen on these message boards

Also, this is our first cruise out of New Jersey, we've gone out of Miami a couple times and the port is fairly easy, how easy is the port in New Jersey?  We live in Mass so would just be driving in and parking, is getting there and parking fairly easy?  I'm assuming same tips would apply as other ports, get there early and whatnot...I'm guessing get there from between 10-10:30?

Just now, Geoff P said:

Also, this is our first cruise out of New Jersey, we've gone out of Miami a couple times and the port is fairly easy, how easy is the port in New Jersey?  We live in Mass so would just be driving in and parking, is getting there and parking fairly easy?  I'm assuming same tips would apply as other ports, get there early and whatnot...I'm guessing get there from between 10-10:30?

New Jersey is super easy.  Parking garage is right next to the terminal.  Biggest difference is that there aren't a zillion terminals like in Miami..downfall is that it's a two-lane road getting to the port which tends to get backed up..so definitely the earlier the better.

33 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

New Jersey is super easy.  Parking garage is right next to the terminal.  Biggest difference is that there aren't a zillion terminals like in Miami..downfall is that it's a two-lane road getting to the port which tends to get backed up..so definitely the earlier the better.

Great, thank you, I think Miami is pretty easy so its good to hear NJ is as well...I figured traffic going through NY and over the bridges would be a pain regardless so, it is what it is I guess ?

12 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

That's interesting. I thought that you can't book anything on the app until you are onboard?  Plus mine always seems to load late and not always accurate 

We've been lucky with Oasis class booking in the planner early, but it seems from others comments that Anthem class comes late and some items not at all?  We have March cruise so also interested.

"I thought that you can't book anything on the app until you are onboard? "

You may well be correct @WannaCruise . In fact, I hope you are. The 'Reserve Now' button was, like I said, greyed out. When the call centre rep told me that the show was booked out, I assumed that I had been too slow to get on the app and make a booking. I had my doubts at the time as to what I was being told, but anyway, I will try again once I am onboard in January.