Bulk purchases

mworkman

On 11/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, mworkman said:

@StephanieH Is this something that Travel Agencies advertise or do they just wait for a group to inquire and book from there?

I can't speak for Stephanie, but I've seen it happen both ways.

In my experience, what happens is a TA sets up a room block and that "freezes" prices so over time, it looks more lucrative since prices go up outside the block.

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

@Matt this is what you do for group cruise or it's done and sponsored by MEI?

When I decide on a group cruise, MEI grabs a number of rooms to create a group. With the Freedom of the Seas GC, we had some rooms still available back in July, which was significantly cheaper than the prevailing rate outside the group at the time.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

When I decide on a group cruise, MEI grabs a number of rooms to create a group. With the Freedom of the Seas GC, we had some rooms still available back in July, which was significantly cheaper than the prevailing rate outside the group at the time.

Got it! So any chance future GC would include Suites? 

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

Got it! So any chance future GC would include Suites? 

Yes. They usually grab a few room types. It all depends.  Of course, the best thing you can do is put a deposit down for a room early and cancel later if you decide you can't make it work.