Symphony Testing Pool Deck Food Delivery

karl_nj

Disembarked from Symphony this AM.  They were testing food delivery via the app to a subset of locations on the pool decks, or your cabin.

For this test you could pick two burgers or the chili dog from Johnny Rockets, The Nigiri Combo or the Salmon Roll from Izumi, a cheese or pepperoni pizza from Sorrento's, or the chicken fingers and fries from Playmakers.

Each item had an individual charge, and there was also a delivery fee.  Only certain areas of the pool deck were eligible.   For example, you could not get food delivered to the Solarium.

I considered trying it, but never got around to it.

I got a pre-cruise survey via email, and I guess I answered the questions correctly because they asked me if I was willing to meet with them to discuss this app functionality during the cruise.   Three guys from shore side were onboard and basically asked questions about the usability of the app for a half hour.

Personally I'd prefer if the figured out how to get the chat app rolled out fleetwide, but I'm glad that they are trying new things.

Sounds like they are trying to one up Carnival's app by offer more food choices. Flip side, I don't think Carnival charges a delivery fee in addition to the food charge.

However Carnival does offer the ability to order a selection of beverages. Catch is the delivered beverages are not covered by the drink package.

Still I think it is a step towards some of the app goals. Do agree it is annoying the chat feature is still in a limited deployment.

8 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Sounds like they are trying to one up Carnival's app by offer more food choices. Flip side, I don't think Carnival charges a delivery fee in addition to the food charge.

However Carnival does offer the ability to order a selection of beverages. Catch is the delivered beverages are not covered by the drink package.

Ah yeah, forgot about that -- there is also a 2nd tab labeled 'Drinks' where you can select Coke, Diet Coke, or Evian Water.  I think it's likely that these aren't covered by the drink package either.  I ended up with an "included" soda package on my sailing (due to booking a Broadwalk Balcony), but there looked to still be a charge to get a coke.