Allure Questions

ScottL

So we're sailing out on Allure next week and my parents decided to join us at the last minute.  They are Carnival Pros but have never been on RCL before and had a couple of questions.  Since I'm the one that talked them into coming they have told me in no uncertain terms that it is my responsibility to find the answers. ?

#1:  Does the Allure supply Shampoo/Conditioner in their staterooms or do we need to bring that ourselves?

#2:  I know we can bring a bottle of wine or a 12-pack of soda cans on-board but my mother drinks Vitamin water in the plastic containers.  Would she be able to bring this on-board with her instead of the soda?

91DqBlNhmWL._SL1500_.jpg

Hello and welcome!  In response to your questions, they do supply body wash but I honestly don't touch the stuff!  It is very low quality and in a container that stays in the shower, it is the same for the conditioner.   As far as the second with the Vitaminwater, yes she should be able to get it onboard without an incident as long as she does not get crazy with the amount that she is trying to get onboard.  Just be prepared for them to cut the wrapper  and inspect them to ensure that you are not trying to smuggle alcohol onboard.    Enjoy your cruise!!!  

8 hours ago, ScottL said:

Thank you!  My mom said that on Carnival you are not allowed to bring plastic containers so she wasn't sure how RCCL handled them.  We'll bring our own shampoo/conditioner but she was worried about getting that vitamin water on board! ?

Yes big difference in policy.  Carnival has to be cans or cartons only No plastic allowed.  12 pack of vitamin water in plastic bottle less than 17 oz or less each bottle can be brought on Royal during embarkation

From RCL website:

One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However you are free to bring non-perishable prepackaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drink offerings onboard, you are welcomed to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

18 hours ago, ScottL said:

So we're sailing out on Allure next week and my parents decided to join us at the last minute.  They are Carnival Pros but have never been on RCL before and had a couple of questions.  Since I'm the one that talked them into coming they have told me in no uncertain terms that it is my responsibility to find the answers. ?

#1:  Does the Allure supply Shampoo/Conditioner in their staterooms or do we need to bring that ourselves?

#2:  I know we can bring a bottle of wine or a 12-pack of soda cans on-board but my mother drinks Vitamin water in the plastic containers.  Would she be able to bring this on-board with her instead of the soda?

91DqBlNhmWL._SL1500_.jpg

I have always taken juices and soda onboard with no problems