Aruba

pezgirl

Hi everyone, thanks to everyone's help before we have some great things planned for our trip on the Freedom in two weeks.  We have decided to just take a bus to the beach in Aruba.  Can anyone share their favorite place to go and how they got there.  We are in Aruba from 8-8 so a long day.  Thanks so much. 

We didn't have any plans when we got to Aruba, so we walked off the ship and found someone selling small group tours of the island. At the end, he dropped us off at Palm Beach for a few hours before taking us back to port. There were several restaurants along the beach (maybe also a swim-up/floating bar, but I could be confusing that with another island). Lounge chairs were readily available all along the beach -  though some may have been reserved for guests of the various hotels. There were also places offering water sports/ boat rentals.

15 hours ago, pezgirl said:

How is the best way to get to Eagle Beach? Thanks. ?

We grabbed a taxi and when we went to return, ironically the same taxi driver picked us up.  We came from Palm Beach but went by eagle on the way...I'm sure just a taxi would work there as well.  Jane

I went to Aruba in December 2018 on Serenade and ABSOLUTELY loved it! 

At the port, we grabbed a cab and took a private tour of the island, and then asked to be dropped off at Eagle Beach near Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. For $15.00 we rented two beach chair, an umbrella and had access to WIFI from a bar located right on the beach. When we were done, we took a public bus (i.e. crammed mini van) back to the port. It was a truly awesome day and would absolutely love to do it all over again!