Living in Europe paid final balance but now balcony room is cheaper

We booked HoS way back in Oct 2018 when it had the drinks package and paid 3972€ for 3 in an inside.

Now when I check I can get a deck 10 balcony for 3386€ however we are only 60 days out and I've paid the final balance.

I was wondering if I'll still be allowed to swap out the rooms.

I understand that I'll loose the drinks promo however I can always just buy it via the planner and the cost works out about the same give or take a few euro.

Any Europeans or knowledgeable persons know if RC will allow me to change rooms or do they only accept changes when the price increases ?

Thanks for any help, I will phone my TA tomorrow but she's not the best and I would like to already be informed.

Hi, we had the same issue on 3 rooms booked for a cruise in August. As they could not give us the same, interconnecting plus another next door they could not do anything. If they could they said they would have upgraded or downgraded us to the new room and given the saving. As a good will gesture they have us some on board spend, but only around 10% of the saving we should have had. Better than nothing though. 

Well I upgraded but it wasn't easy and cost €434 euro.

Here was their only solution.

Rebuy the Balcony 

Pay for what was before free drinks 2 X deluxe and 1 royal refresh

Pay 50€ change fee.

Final price for the inside to balcony 434€. 

I still think this is a good deal as when we were booking it on the free drinks it was a lot more than this, in fact I remember boardwalk one being 300€ more along. 

We shall be in cabin 10542 and can't wait. 

This happened to us a couple weeks ago, booked on Harmony for August, something like $1250pp in an ocean view. Balconies went on sale for $949pp. Emailed our travel agent who told us that those were "Going, going, gone" rates and strictly for new bookings. No workarounds were offered. Not a great feeling (so much for booking early!), but we're still happy with what we have so I've just quit checking on prices.