Cruise Planner Deals

Anyone know how some of the so called deals on the cruise planner are figured?  I have been checking them on a daily basis and like the deluxe beverage package shows 50% off second guest but the numbers don't add up even if you take in consideration the service (gratuities) charge.

Also on the deluxe Beverage package plus Voom, does that mean its the streaming and you get two devices since you have to purchase two packages?  I called RCCL and they could not give me a straight answer.

They also couldn't answer if I decided to purchase Voom and stream for 2 devices at 22.79 if I had to purchase 2 of them or if it is a one time purchase and it will allow me to use on two Devices?

Thanks everyone in advance for any answers to my questions

DRINK BUY.png

VOOM.png

Drink.png

Whichever kind of package you purchase that includes the Deluxe Beverage Package, you have to get the same package for everyone in your stateroom over the age of 21.  If you select the Deluxe plus 1 device you will be buying that for each person in the stateroom -- each person will get the beverage package and a code that allows one device to be logged in at a time.

If you only need one drink package to include the internet, you will have to call up Royal and handle it over the phone.

The combo Voom/Deluxe package is for one device and it is the surf & stream Voom..so take that into consideration when making your decision which drink package/internet combo you need.  If you do want 2 internet packages and two drink packages, the $9 difference in getting the Voom/Deluxe combo is better than buying the drink packages and a separate 2 device Voom package

Don't even try to get your head around the percentages because Royal practices "creative maths" and changes the rules willy-nilly. Just look at the bottom line. When you see a price you're comfortable with, pull the trigger. You can cancel and rebook without penalty if you subsequently see it at a cheaper price.

If you are buying just the two-device internet (without any beverage package), you buy just one. The system will ask you to assign it to one of the passengers. That person will then receive one code that allows two devices to be connected simultaneously. 

As mentioned above, the price shown is after the advertised discount/sale/deal of the week.  Those sale prices are based on the price you would pay if you were currently on board the ship.  What isn't obvious is that those on board prices are also constantly changing as the marketing department tries to figure out the best way to convince you to spend your money.  Therefore, 25% off, 30% off, buy one get one free, buy one get one 50% off, etc can all result in the exact same price.  All you can do is decide if you are willing to pay the price you see.  You can always cancel and repurchase if it goes down.  The only guarantee is that it will cost more on the ship.

We found that for our cruise on Allure last month, the underlying "onboard" price for the DBP was $65 consistently.

The math made sense for our cruise as the typical 20% off CP sale came in at $52, the BOGO 50% (effectively 25% off) came in at $49 (25% off is actually $48.75), and the 30% off came in at both $45 and $46 (rounding as 30% is actually $45.50) at different times. 

The 18% surcharge/gratuity is not included in the CP price. Only when you actually purchase the package through the CP will they tack on the 18% surcharge/gratuity.

Each "Voom" package allows access for one device at a time. If you purchase the package for 2 devices, then 2 devices can be connected at the same time. You create a login account when you are on the ship for each "package" or device plan purchased and can switch between devices at any time. My wife and I each had the package and usually had our iPhone connected during the day. Periodically, we would log into our iPads when we were in our cabin, which would automatically force our respective iPhone (or any other device currently linked to that particular login account) to disconnect (we would get a prompt confirming that we wanted to connect before the other device would get bumped and the new device would connect). I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing!