formal nights!

deany

Meals, Drinks and Internet should have been in your cruise planner a while ago.  As for Excursions, they should have been in there a few months already.

I am traveling in August and I have everything booked already, MEALS, DRINKS, EXCURSIONS, ENTERTAINMENT....  all done.

24 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

If I wore nice jeans, collard shirt and a vest/waistcoat would that work for formal night?  I tend to roll my sleeves up with my collard shirts when its warm too.  Will that get me looks from the staff as if I am "under dressed"?

It is nice to be dressed in some sort of Formal outfit.  It great for the photographs.  I agree, there are some people that go under dressed but I think what you have planned is fine.

2 hours ago, deany said:

I am due to cruise on Oasis of the seas on 9th May.  When will i start to know about the formal nights and or events on boards?  Apart from the opportunity to book excursions and meals everything seems pretty vague at the moment.  TIA.

You may want to check the main page for the old Cruise Compass' that have been posted for further information about the formal nights and events onboard Oasis.  Some of the entertainment is in your Cruise Planner, that will have all of your options for your shore excursions as well.  There are several shows you can pre book through the Cruise Planner and there will also be others that you may be able to book onboard or it will be on a first come basis.  

You will be fine for formal night. We have "evolved" from suits and gown to button up shirts and black pants. 

In fact we wanted to take advantage of all the photographers on our Alaska cruise which we took with our grandson. So on formal night we all wore flannel shirts and jeans.  Same idea on our Caribbean cruise with two granddaughters. We all wore jeans and white shirts. No problem. 

I still don't care for men in shorts and t-shirts on formal nights. But I saw it on our last cruise. So that's just me.

Be comfortable.

Another thing to keep in mind is that 'formal night' is not required.  It is optional for those who want to dress up formally and take some really cool nice pictures.  We did that the first few times we cruised, but now we forgo the formal night stuff ?  We also don't do the formal night in the main dining room, as we usually go eat either at the Coastal Kitchen or a specialty restaurant.