Booking a Guaranteed Cabin

DandA

Looking for any one that has experienced booking two guaranteed cabins at the same time.  We have always picked our cabin, but next year our DS and DIL wants to take their first cruise with us.  The DIL doesn't like boats or airplanes so this is a trial run for a Baltic cruise/tour that they want to accompany us on in the future.  This sailing will be on the Grandeur and will be booking inside cabins and booking a guaranteed cabins will save about $300 pp.  So my questions are:

1. If you've booked two cabins at the same time, how far apart have the cabins been?

2. If they weren't close how did you stay in touch so that you could do things together? 

I will reply regarding the 2nd question...we just cruised with friends in December.  Our cabins were on different floors at opposite ends of the cruise.  We just talked through our days at breakfast each morning and met up when we wanted to.  We ate together each meal, saw all the shows together and hung around the pool together (usually, but not always) (and booked our next cruise together)...then just kind of let each other know where we might be.  We were on the Independence.

1 hour ago, DandA said:

If you've booked two cabins at the same time, how far apart have the cabins been?

We've done connecting primarily, although we did try adjacent rooms too.

1 hour ago, DandA said:

If they weren't close how did you stay in touch so that you could do things together? 

We usually get the Voom internet package, so we can message each other.

JennyB and Matt:  thank you for your input, honestly I am in favor of saving some money on this cruise as this will be my 3rd one in 2019.  I will see what the others want to do save money or be close together in a guaranteed location.  DS and DIL will definitely be getting a soda package so adding internet to that won't be so bad. The cruise were looking at is on the Grandeur and I know it's not hard keeping up with the others on a ship this size.