Empress of the Seas - what would you like to see?

Mason

They're going to be limited with a ship that size. It also depends what their plans are for her. If it is for Cuba, the only way to currently visit is for humanitarian aid and educational purposes. Thus, if that's their play, I could see them just sprucing her up and not going full out on a refurb. It might also depend on whom they're competing with and what price point they think they'll get. If competing with Carnival and their basement pricing offered on their old Fantasy class ships, then they might not do as much.

For what it's worth, I'm looking forward to a complete revitalization.

I haven't seen a photo of here recently but I think if they plan on using her on longer and unique itineraries like most ships her size. They may need to do some major construction such as adding balconies? It would seem odd to me to bring back a older small ship for it. Any ideas what itineraries they are planning to do?

I haven't seen a photo of here recently but I think if they plan on using her on longer and unique itineraries like most ships her size. They may need to do some major construction such as adding balconies? It would seem odd to me to bring back a older small ship for it. Any ideas what itineraries they are planning to do?

My guess is she will do short cruises.  But that's just a guess.

• 1 month later...

I am seeing lots of info and activity on the CC site about her. Looks like April 2016 she is starting back...out of Miami....doing 5/5/4 day cruises apparently.

Nothing official yet from RCI that I can find, but it has certainly stirred some chatter at this point.

I am most curious to see what changes she gets when dry docked and when we can start to see booking and pricing options.

She is on my list now for sure.....I loved Monarch and Majesty so I am guessing she will have a similar feel and size to her.

We did Empress of the Seas back in Nov 2005 B.C. (Before Children).  It had a great itinerary that at the time we booked included stops in St. Barts and Grenada (which we had not been to, but after booking both ports were cancelled and replaced with Aruba and Margarita Island, Venezuela).  I'd hope that RC would consider continuing that tradition of going to more obscure, smaller ports that they larger ships can't go to.  My dream would be sailing from San Juan to Tortola BVI, Anguilla, St. Barts, Guadeloupe, St. Vincent, and Tobago...