Falmouth - Margaritaville Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

jticarruthers

• 1 month later...

Well, I can state that the walk to the Catamaran was pleasant (they took us out through a side gate to a small Marina right next to the dock), the walk back from the Catamaran to Margaritaville was also pleasant.

However, cant comment on anything else since the captain cancelled the excursion due to inclement weather just as we arrived at the Catamaran.

Full refunds given and one free drink at Margaritaville provided to everyone. I would certainly be willing to book it again next time as the Catamaran looked to be in good shape and the excursion sounded fun, but unfortunately no details to share with you all :(

The Margaritaville was ok. Very crowded with everyone packing in due to the rain, drinks were ok, food was crazy expensive ($20 nachos IIRC). The pool/hottub look like they would be fun if the weather was decent and the place wasn't packed.

The Falmouth area is not great (IMO) from a shore excursion standpoint which is why we were interested in the Margaritaville excursion.

We did a tour a few years ago that took you to a local school, local plantation, etc. that was educational and interesting, don't think it is offered anymore.

Have heard that the river tubing can be hit or miss, great if it rained recently and the river is running, terrible if its been dry and they have to haul you from puddle to puddle.

Be careful looking at tours as a lot of them involve a substantial bus ride to either Ocho Rios or Montego Bay.

I am going to be in Falmouth in Jan with IOS.....can you provide any ideas or recommendations for this to do around the port if the weather isn't great either at sea or for land excursions?

How was the Margaritaville there?

Falmouth is still a new port, so a lot of the excursions available are actually a bus ride away in Ocho Rios (Dunns River Falls, et al).  I'd search for things to do there.

Thanks. I plan on staying near the ship/port for this stop.

I have done Ocho Rios before and Dunn's River  Falls.

Sounds like Margaretville will be the place to be...as long as its not raining...haha.

And that wouldn't surpise me if it was raining as my week in Jamaica there was only one afternoon it was sunny,.....rain and cloud for a whole week and have never been back since.