Refunding and re buying something from cruise planner

nrgMike

Just now, nrgMike said:

Hi.

I know the advice is to buy something if you see it on the cruise planner. My question how is the process of refunding and re buying something if the price happens? Just simply call RC and they take care of rest? Please advise.

Thank You,

You just cancel and repurchase on cruise planner.

No need to call RC unless you are concerned that there may be limited supply of said excursions, or whatever you are trying to buy.  Then you would want to call have RC and have them rebook for you to ensure that you get the lower price.

It can take a few days to weeks to get cancelled charges refunded back to your card.

I did this process for drink package and it was an easy process.

We too just cancelled and repurchased the deluxe drink package on 3/6/19 through the Cruise Planner... both the new charge and credit posted to my credit card on 3/8/19.

When we cancelled and repurchased our Labadee cabana this past January (did this by phone through RC customer service), it took just 3 days for the credit to hit my credit card. They tell you it can take up to a week or so to see your credit for the cancellation, but it's usually very fast!

On 3/10/2019 at 6:57 PM, jhatle01 said:

You just cancel and repurchase on cruise planner.

No need to call RC unless you are concerned that there may be limited supply of said excursions, or whatever you are trying to buy.  Then you would want to call have RC and have them rebook for you to ensure that you get the lower price.

It can take a few days to weeks to get cancelled charges refunded back to your card.

I did this process for drink package and it was an easy process.

We were on a completely full Symphony in Jan and were able to switch a few of our shore tours around with no problem once onboard.  they all had plenty of availability.  The Shore Tours concierge told us that if a tour is popular, and sells out far enough in advance they'll add another boat/bus/whatever behind the scenes. YMMV though.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

We were on a completely full Symphony in Jan and were able to switch a few of our shore tours around with no problem once onboard.  they all had plenty of availability.  The Shore Tours concierge told us that if a tour is popular, and sells out far enough in advance they'll add another boat/bus/whatever behind the scenes. YMMV though.

The process of cancelling and rebooking by calling would be beneficial in instances where they cannot make more of something available like a bungalow or cabana in places like Labadee and CoCo Cay if there is a price drop.  I got a beach bed for Labadee for my April cruise and would have to go that route if there happens to be a price drop since they are currently sold out.  I also keep looking on cruise planner hoping that someone happens to cancel a bungalow or cabana.