Onboard Entertainment

Marmaduke

Hi again all, Can someone explain what the story is in regard to onboard Entertainment in the theatre please.

Am I right in thinking that the main show (think it is Grease on Indy) only runs a couple of nights during the cruise?  (we are on a 10 night cruise) Will I be able to book to see the show prior to boarding or do I have to wait until on board, or is it a first come first served with no reserved seating?

What happens the other nights when the main show isn't on?  Are there other shows to go see in the theatre?

Thanks again to all you helpful experienced cruisers out there who keep answering my probably stupid questions! ?

On Indy you do not pre-book any shows - it's a first come basis.  Grease is usually shown a few times, so pick a time that suits you and pop along early to get a good seat.

There is usually a theatre show each night - some are from the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers and other nights have a "headliner" act e.g. music, comedian, magician.  The show in theatre is usually twice each night - times around first and second main seating dinner so that the majority of guests can go along before / after dinner.

As far as I can remember the only thing you'd need a ticket in advance for are the ice shows.  When the tickets are available for collection will be advertised in the Cruise Compass - the daily newsletter left in your cabin - this gives details of all the activities available.

There are also parades and singing events on the Royal Promenade - again advertised in the Cruise Compass.

I hope this helps - have a fab cruise

Sarah

The theater is multi use so all the set pieces for Grease have to be stowed and put away so other events can use the theater.  They schedule different shows so that once everything is setup for that event they don’t impact other events. 

I’ve taken several backstage tours where they explain these things.  They don’t have a lot of space backstage so it’s all about using the available space efficiently and wisely.  

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I’ve taken severalf backstage tours where they explain these things.  They don’t have a lot of space backstage so it’s all about using the available space efficiently and wisely.  

Especially true on the Symphony where a set piece, the Wright Flyer, is the star of Flight. Hector(IsMagic} was only allowed one trunk for all his illusions instead of the usual 4 to 6.