Where to stay in Miami

mom2mybugs

Ok...I promise that from now on, every time i get good info on something here I'm going to screenshot it.  But I didn't.....and I lost my notes on the beach hotel I wanted, so I'm starting completely over!

If we decide to stay downtown near the port, we will definitely try intercontinental or the one  @Matt wrote about.  However, my 16 year old wants beachfront.  So we are looking for a hotel that is on the beach/across the street, and that isn't too far from the port.  We want to be able to walk if possible to a decent restaurant, or uber easily .  AND, while I'm willing to pay decently, I don't want to pay 4 season type prices.  I am having a really hard time keeping track of neighborhoods and if they have beaches, and which beach makes the most sense.  I'm a little frustrated and the fun is beginning to go away, so I figured I'd take the easy way out and just ask all of you.  Help me with Miami!!!  Jane

Ok...we hunted around, almost booked an ocean balcony for over 600 a night (it is really really cold here in Chicago!!) And then decided to get real lol.  So we booked the Hampton inn on Collins in the northern part of of South Beach. V it's only 1 block from the beach and has a small but nice rooftop pool.  It will totally work for a nice afternoon and night.  We will be there less than 24 hrs...it was silly to pay that much extra when we didn't pay it for the cruise... First interior room here we come lol!  

Now I need suggestions for lunch and dinner in South Beach... Preferably that we can walk to!  Jane

10 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Now I need suggestions for lunch and dinner in South Beach

We were just in Miami for the over night on January 12/13, went to dinner at Joe's Stone Crab, it's on South Beach, it was great, it's on the expensive side, seemed like dress was beach chic. We stayed at the Marriott on Biscayne Bay and the bell hop wanted to know where we were going to dinner at and we told him Joe's, he was excited for us, very popular, very good restaurant were his comments.

We say the 1st Mrs. Trump having dinner at the same time we were.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

We were just in Miami for the over night on January 12/13, went to dinner at Joe's Stone Crab, it's on South Beach, it was great, it's on the expensive side, seemed like dress was beach chic. We stayed at the Marriott on Biscayne Bay and the bell hop wanted to know where we were going to dinner at and we told him Joe's, he was excited for us, very popular, very good restaurant were his comments.

We say the 1st Mrs. Trump having dinner at the same time we were.

I'm not sure we want to go that upscale but I will mention it to Jeff and the real power broker (the 16 year old vegetarian daughter). It sounds good to me now, but maybe not dressing up after a day we are at the airport at 330am and on the beach all day!  Jane

1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

It sounds good to me now, but maybe not dressing up after a day we are at the airport at 330am and on the beach all day!

I freshened up but stayed in the clothes we had on, we left the house about 5am, flight was at 6:55, landed in Ft Lauderdale at 2pm, took a limo service to Miami to the hotel about 3pm settled in for about an hour and then were at the restaurant by 5:30ish.

But it's just the 2 of us, no kids, I get it especially after being at the beach, those are usually get cleaned up and order a pizza type of nights, lol.

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Can't help you with dinner suggestions, but I have heard great things about Rosetta Bakery which looks to have a location close to the Hampton Inn.  Might be decent to grab a light lunch or some breakfast if the free Hampton breakfast doesn't do it for you.

I saw that when I googled restaurants near Hampton.  Sounds like a great plan!!  Thank you!! Jane