Royal Caribbean Post Round-up April 1, 2018
No fooling here, we have a round-up of all of this week's Royal Caribbean cruise news!
WIthout a doubt, this week's Royal Caribbean news can be summed up in one word: Symphony.
Royal Caribbean took delivery of its fourth Oasis Class cruise ship, Symphony of the Seas, this week at a ceremony at STX France in Saint-Nazaire, France.
Symphony of the Seas is the 25th ship in Royal Caribbean's fleet, and is listed at 228,081 gross registered tons, measures 238 feet tall and spans 1,188 feet long. She will welcome 5,518 guests at double occupancy in 2,759 staterooms, including 28 additional balcony rooms that overlook the ocean or signature Boardwalk neighborhood.
Symphony of the Seas' first sailing took place on March 31, 2018.
Royal Caribbean News
- We shared as many new photos from all over the ship as we could find.
- Royal Caribbean released a video commemorating the delivery of Symphony of the Seas.
- Royal Caribbean released new aerial photos of Symphony of the Seas at sea.
- Royal Caribbean released a new smartphone app update this week.
- Entertainment will be at the heart of the fun things to do onboard Symphony of the Seas.
- A video sneak-peak look at the Flight show on Symphony of the Seas shows what makes this show so cool.
- Check out this photo tour of the Ultimate Family Suite on Symphony of the Seas.
- Ovation of the Seas is helping to test a new navigational system.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
The 243rd episode of the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is now available, and we are reviewing Matt's cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas.
In this episode, Matt is back from Rhapsody of the Seas and talks about what he thought about his first time on a Vision class ship, the activities he tried onboard and how is shore plans worked out.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Ship Monk shared a photo tour of Symphony of the Seas.
Page Six reported on Star Jones' wedding, which took place on Anthem of the Seas.
Cruise Habit took an in-depth (kale infused) look at cruise ship safety.