Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: October 23, 2016
The fall temperatures may be dropping, but the Royal Caribbean news from this week is as hot as ever, and we have it all summarized for you in this week's round up!
Sit back, and catch-up on all of the Royal Caribbean news and happenings form this week.
Late in the week, Royal Caribbean filed a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark office for a new cruise ship name.
On October 17, Royal Caribbean registered, "Icon of the Seas" to presumably use for its first Project Icon class of cruise ships that were announced last week.
Assuming Icon of the Seas is in fact the name of the first Icon class ships, that ship will debut sometime in 2022 and be powered by liquefied natural gas and fuel cell technology.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean has become the first cruise line to be named Gay Travel Approved.
- Our photo report of CocoCay, following Hurricane Matthew.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are now banned on all Royal Caribbean ships.
- Royal Caribbean scheduled its third quarter earnings call for late next week.
- Our in-depth look at the deluxe drink package.
- What you need to know about the neighborhood balcony staterooms.
- A video overview of Harmony of the Seas, by the numbers.
- Royal Caribbean has extended its Singapore cruise season until next June.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
It seems like everyone is discussing the big news of Royal Caribbean's Project Icon ship announcement, including us on this week's podcast episode.
In this week's Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast, Matt and Michael discuss what we know about Project Icon ships and speculate on the long-term and short-term impact this news has for Royal Caribbean fans.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Reuters has a look at how big brands (like Royal Caribbean) use Periscope.
Royal Caribbean shared top picks for what to do in the Caribbean from a crew member.
Eat Sleep Cruise has a review of Chops Grille on Oasis of the Seas.
ShermansCruise has a look at what it is really like on board a mega ship.
Canada.com thinks the Radiance class ships still can dazzle guests.
The Kitchy Kitchen offers a list of their favorite things on Harmony of the Seas.