Happy Sunday! It has been a busy week of Royal Caribbean news, and we have it all summarized for you in this round up.
The big news this week was all about the impact of Hurricane Matthew on Royal Caribbean's operations. A number of sailings were impacted, including one Majesty of the Seas cruise that was canceled.
At first, Royal Caribbean delayed the sailing by a day but then decided to cancel the October 8th cruise because of the path of the storm.
The massive hurricane presented too large of a problem for the sailing to operate, and thus, Royal Caribbean took the rare action of actually cancelling the entire cruise. Royal Caribbean gave guests the choice of a full refund for the cruise fare paid or future cruise credit of 150% of the cruise fare paid.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean's CEO provided an update on damage to its private destinations.
- Guests can save up to 30% off their drink packages before the end of this weekend.
- Hurricane Matthew delayed three ships sailaway times to give guests ample time to arrive.
- Our blogger, Michael Poole, is live blogging from Enchantment of the Seas.
- Top 16 things everyone needs to try at least once on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Our full review of Chops Grille on Freedom of the Seas.
- Ovation of the Seas will host professional FlowRider lessons on one sailing.
- Shore excursion review of the Cozumel Food Tour.
- Our picks for the best spots on Allure of the Seas throughout the day.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt looks at the different stateroom categories available and provides information and tips on choosing the right stateroom for you.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Beyond Ships shared a photo feature of Navigator of the Seas in Europe.
Cruise Critic has a look at why following a hurricane matters.
Eat Sleep Cruise reports on the Royal Suite Class.