Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 14, 2016
Happy Sunday! We hope you’re having a great weekend! Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and catch up on all the Royal Caribbean news from the week!
A change is coming to Royal Caribbean's customer loyalty benefits that will result in the dropping of a balcony discount on last-minute booked cruises.
The Crown & Anchor Society discount that Platinum and above level members enjoy will not be offered on cruises booked less than six months prior to the sail date, beginning on September 1, 2016.
Cruises booked six months or more from sail date will still be eligible for the balcony discount.
Royal Caribbean stated the change was made because a large majority of Crown & Anchor guests reserve outside of the 6 month window, and those that do book sooner often find it more beneficial to take advantage of other promotions that may not be combinable with the balcony discount.
Royal Caribbean News
- A new balcony discount is coming later this month.
- Royal Caribbean is building a new innovation lab at PortMiami.
- This will be the biggest cruise season for Royal Caribbean in Singapore, ever.
- What clothing to wear on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Royal Caribbean drink package prices.
- Everything about food on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Next Cruise details, information and tips.
- 5 things to bring to Labadee to make your trip awesome.
- A look at the fighter jet art on Freedom of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Empress of the Seas has recently returned to Royal Caribbean's fleet of ships, and our own Michael Poole had a chance to take a weekend cruise on her. Michael talks about what he liked about the cruise and who would love a cruise on Empress.
Royal Caribbean Blog Reader Finds
— Halifax Seaport (@HalifaxSeaport) August 10, 2016
July 2016- Liberty of the Seas docked in Labadee, Haiti. Onboard 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean! pic.twitter.com/XbmNMUvfUk
— Andrew Page (@AndrewPage_) August 8, 2016
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
On The Water has an interview with the actress that plays Jan in Grease on Harmony of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean posted on YouTube a 360 degress ride video from the Ultimate Abyss.
Cruise Fever shared Grandeur of the Seas' perfect CDC health inspection report.
TTG Asia shared the results of a survey by Royal Caribbean that show most Singaporeans underestimate the value of a cruise.
TravelPulse shared a 4K video review of Harmony of the Seas.