Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: October 13, 2013
The big news this week was once again about Royal Caribbean's newest cruise ship, Quantum of the Seas. We learned that former NFL star and TV show host Dhani Jones will be the second member of the Quantum Experience Advisors.
Jones will be the Sports and Fitness celebrity expert advisor for Quantum of the Seas and is responsible for coming up with new exciting activities for cruise ship guests.
Jones has taken a look at the existing Royal Caribbean programming for guests as well as the signature Royal Caribbean offerings. He has come up with some new ideas for the Quantum-class ships and been lending his expertise on the latest active trends and providing fresh ideas for SeaPlex.
What else was in the news this week? Read on…
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean may have dropped Vantage of the Seas as a possible name for a new cruise ship.
- Royal Caribbean will now give solo cruisers double Crown and Anchor points.
- We reviewed quite possibly the most beautiful beach we've ever been to, Bikini Beach in St. Martin.
- Royal Caribbean will be offering up to $100 onboard credit to celebrate National Cruise Week.
- TTG Asia has awarded Royal Caribbean its sixth-consecutive cruise line of the year award.
- A couple on Jewel of the Seas shared how they helped rescue overboard sailors on a recent cruise.
Royal Caribbean Podcast
In this episode, Matt explores the different unlimited alcohol packages Royal Caribbean offers to its guests and describes what each package includes, how much you have to drink to get your moneys worth out of it and answer the always difficult question of are the unlimited alcohol packages worth it.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Kuki has a blog post recommending being realistic about your cruise budget.
Cruise Critic wants to know who would be your dream Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas celebrity advisor.
Arthur Frommer thinks bumper cars and ice skating rinks dont belong on cruise ships.