Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: May 26, 2019
Happy Sunday and happy unofficial start to summer, as the Memorial Day weekend here in the United States marks the start of the season for many.
This big Royal Caribbean news this week was the cruise line's announcement of all the changes coming to Oasis of the Seas for her upcoming amplification.
Oasis of the Seas will undergo a $165 million refurbishment later this year, which will add new dining venues, activities, waterslides and more.
The 63-day modernization will add several new venues, including a few options new to the fleet. Oasis will become the first Oasis Class ship to be modernized as part of the Royal Amplified fleet modernization effort.
Royal Caribbean News
- Our list of top 10 Perfect Day at CocoCay secrets & tips.
- Read a review of the North Star Alaska Experience on Ovation of the Seas.
- Check out the first photos of Ovation of the Seas in Alaska.
- You can print out this cruise ticket template to share with family and friends.
- There is still time to save up to 30% off pre-cruise purchases.
- We reviewed the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport East for anyone that needs a good pre-cruise hotel.
- Royal Caribbean opened up Voyager of the Seas 2020 sailings from Singapore.
- Quantum of the Seas will have an expanded Singapore season in 2021.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt talks about what his first visit to the officially opened Perfect Day at CocoCay was like and what he did, saw and ate.
New RCB Video: Oasis of the Seas new changes for 2019
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video – Oasis of the Seas new changes for 2019 — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
New Royal Caribbean Cruise Compasses
One of the best ways to learn about what sort of events a cruise ship offers is to consult a past Royal Caribbean Cruise Compass. Here is a look at which Cruise Compasses we added this week.
- Symphony of the Seas 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Compass - May 4, 2019
- Ovation of the Seas 11-night Alaska Glacier Adventure Ocean & Teens Compass - May 13, 2019
- Ovation of the Seas 11-night Alaska Glacier Cruise Compass - May 13, 2019
- Majesty of the Seas 4-night Key West and Havana Cruise Compass - May 18, 2019
- Ovation of the Seas 11-night Hawaii to Vancouver Transpacific Cruise Compass - May 2, 2019
- Spectrum of the Seas 3-night Malaysia Cruise Compass - May 18, 2019
- Empress of the Seas 5-night Cuba Cruise Compass - May 11, 2019
- Allure of the Seas 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Compass - May 12, 2019
- Navigator of the Seas 3-night Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Compass
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Microsoft wrote about its collaboration with Royal Caribbean's head of innovation.
New York Times interviewed Royal Caribbean Chief Meteorologist James Van Fleet about how he works to keep guests away from bad weather.
TouringPlans listed top six reasons to cruise on Royal Caribbean.
Cruise Fever reviewed their recent sailing on Harmony of the Seas.
Her wrote about 8 things she learned about herself on her first cruise.
The Points Guy shared 7 things to know about Navigator of the Seas.