Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: September 8, 2013
This week was PACKED with Royal Caribbean news so if you missed any of it, here's a great chance to recap what happened around the Royal Caribbean World.
The biggest news of the week was Royal Caribbean's decision to ban smoking on its balconies, joining some other cruise lines who also institutde the prohibition recently. Needless to say, this has a lot of people either very happy or very upset.
The smoking ban begins on January 1, 2014 and applies to all forms of smoking, including e-cigarettes. If you are caught smoking in your stateroom or balcony, Royal Caribbean will charge your onboard account a $250 cleaning fee.
Smoking isn't completely banned onboard Royal Caribbean ships. In fact, Royal Caribbean promises many places onboard to light 'em if ya got 'em.
Royal Caribbean News
- The other big news was a leak that shows Anthem of the Seas will likely be homeported in Southampton, England in 2015.
- If you have daughters and are sailing on a Royal Caribbean cruise during the holidays, the Barbie Experience can be had for 30% off.
- Royal Caribbean named a new Senior Vice President of Marine Operations.
- Did you know about this week's Royal Caribbean Secret?
- We reviewed the Freedom-ice.com ice skating show on Freedom of the Seas.
- Royal Caribbean released 2014 Asia cruises for Mariner of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Freedom of the Seas remains one of Royal Caribbean's most popular cruise ships we look at what's so great about Freedom of the Seas, our favorite things to onboard and we even share a few Freedom of the Seas secrets. Mike Rahlmann joins the show this week to spread the good word about Freedom of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Cruise Currents has a photo gallery of Liberty of the Seas' sailaway.
Dream Designs shared a blog post detailing their award ceremony that was held on Brilliance of the Seas earlier this summer.
Frommers has a list of their 10 favorite experiences in San Juan, Puerto Rico.