Victoria, British Columbia with kids

stacymp

We will be sailing on the Ovation in July and I'm unsure what to do at the Victoria port. I have three kids who will be 13,11&7 at the time.  Really none of RC's excursions are exciting me. Any recommendations? We are also traveling with my parents but we don't have to stay all together.  THANKS!!

• 1 month later...

I live in Victoria.  A few suggestions are: 1. Bug Zoo 2. Miniature World 3. Beacon Hill Park (petting zoo) 4. Harbour ferry or Water taxi tours of the inner harbour 5. Fishermans wharf - real close to Cruise Port. 6. Walk to the end of Ogden pier (where the ship docks) 7. Go whale watching.  8. Royal BC Musem (quite interactive)and IMAX. All these are very close together.

15 hours ago, Ron Max said:

I live in Victoria.  A few suggestions are: 1. Bug Zoo 2. Miniature World 3. Beacon Hill Park (petting zoo) 4. Harbour ferry or Water taxi tours of the inner harbour 5. Fishermans wharf - real close to Cruise Port. 6. Walk to the end of Ogden pier (where the ship docks) 7. Go whale watching.  8. Royal BC Musem (quite interactive)and IMAX. All these are very close together.

We are trying to decide what to do in Victoria in August.  We are leaning towards walking around Fisherman's wharf for the afternoon.  Do you know if you can still feed the seals?  I have read they may not be allowing that anymore.  Looking forward to visiting Victoria.  Thanks!

We took our kids to Craigdarroch Castle and Butchart Gardens earlier this year (they were 7 and 3). 

On my live blog, I noted:

I think the kids enjoyed the castle, primarily just going room to room and seeing the oddities they could spot.

The gardens were beautiful, but super crowded and I'm not sure my kids enjoyed it that much.  The highlight as I recall was buying them popcorn.

Just now, Matt said:

We took our kids to Craigdarroch Castle and Butchart Gardens earlier this year (they were 7 and 3). 

On my live blog, I noted:

The gardens were beautiful, but super crowded and I'm not sure my kids enjoyed it that much.  The highlight as I recall was buying them popcorn.

We have teenage boys so the castle, garden and tea excursions they offer are probably going to be out.  We will come up with something.  If it makes you feel better I'm sure they really loved that popcorn!!   

• 1 month later...

Hello, our Cousin lives in BC, and we have traveled there only once, adults only & had a fantastic time walking around the wharf/ downtown area. Of all the things BUG ZOO  was the best experience in ANY city. Creepy crawly critters, you can look at through glass, or the assistant  gets the critter out for you to HOLD!. Great pictures. It sounds crazy, but so much fun to see who will hold / let a tarantula crawl on them, or a large centipede or who screams & cringes! If it is still there, very cool glass wall of an ant farm. Worth it for sure.