Venice flooded?

Auto

Soooo...apparently Venice is 70% flooded right now. Getting kinda bummed about the prospect of not being able to go into the city Friday afternoon after we arrive for our Saturday sail away.

Hopefully this doesn't affect the cruise port or our timing on Saturday!

21 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I have read that's its  pretty bad right now..hope it doesn't affect it for you...

Best I can tell, it won't affect us staying on the mainland tomorrow night, or our transfer to the port Saturday. It is just a bummer because we had planned to go into the city proper tomorrow afternoon to track down some of the best pizza and gelato we've ever had, which we found on our spring break trip to Venice this year.

I joked with my wife that instead of sailing past St Mark's Square, we could probably sail right through it.

7 minutes ago, Auto said:

Eh?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. All kidding aside, I love Canada and have quite a situational accent when I get a few Black Horses in me.

Black Horse eh?....that was big back in Nlfd when I grew up. Hard to find now but every now and then I stumble across it at somewhere and it defn brings out an accent..lol