Fresh Cut Flowers brought on during Embarkation!

RBRSKI

Going on the Allure this Sunday and know the Diamond Lounge manager from our cruise in March and know she is on the ship.  Was going to bring some fresh cut flowers to her.  Can I?

Of course, I always bring a gift as well, but thought flowers would be something special that would brighten up her day!

Rich

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't see why you couldn't. Or at least, I'm not familiar with any rule that would prohibit that

That's what I was thinking but my family thinks they may be grouped into the amnesty program like when you get off the ship with fruit and stuff like that.

What are your thoughts on that?

3 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

That's what I was thinking but my family thinks they may be grouped into the amnesty program like when you get off the ship with fruit and stuff like that.

What are your thoughts on that?

I'm not a customs or agriculture expert, but I've seen fresh flowers on cruise ships.  

21 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

but thought flowers would be something special that would brighten up her day!

I would make a call to Royal and ask them. If the answer is no (which I suspect due to agricultural restrictions, health, etc.), here's a possible solution. Buy them on the Royal website and have them delivered to your room then give them to her when you see her, be sure to bring a card from home to put with the arrangement. Here's a link that will help you:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/flowers:27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Buy them on the Royal website and have them delivered to your room then give them to her when you see her, be sure to bring a card from home to put with the arrangement. Here's a link that will help you:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/flowers:27_sunglasses:

Man, I am never complaining about FTD or 1800Flowers pricing ever again. I was looking at this and thinking maybe I'd order a bouquet for my wife, but those prices Royal's charging are insane!!

52 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

but those prices Royal's charging are insane!!

You are correct, Joe. But, think about it...where are you going to find floral shop near the port. And then, carrying a floral arrangement around while you're going through the boarding process to your cabin won't make for a very "fresh" looking floral arrangement. I would take all that into consideration and opt to do the on board delivery purchase. :27_sunglasses: