Check -In time pushed out

Ndfan89

Boarding Oasis on Sunday.  I just received an email stating my “boarding time has changed to 2:00 due to maintenance on some verandas.”   This is my first cruise with RCI but I  have priority check in due to Mlife status.   So my question is will they wait until 2:00 to load all the people on this boat?  Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  Probably  do not realize my priority boarding because not in a suite or have crown or anchor status yet - so should I go before 2:00???

New to RCI and the whole process 

Thanks!

It's always a difficult call when these notices arrive.  On one hand it could play out exactly as stated and boarding might not commence until 2pm.  On the other hand, sometimes these things finish early or they find a way to work around it somewhat.  It all depends.

I'm a patient person and given the circumstances of flying in and needing to be out of my hotel in the morning, I'd likely show up normally.  I would be prepared to sit and wait, because if I sit and wait in a hotel room or the terminal makes no difference to me and since they warned me, I would take in stride and just be patient.

If sitting and waiting isn't something that works for you, arrive closer to the offered time.  

On 10/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, twangster said:

It's always a difficult call when these notices arrive.  On one hand it could play out exactly as stated and boarding might not commence until 2pm.  On the other hand, sometimes these things finish early or they find a way to work around it somewhat.  It all depends.

I agree. I remember I was going on Navigator of the Seas and there was a fog delay. RC said not to arrive at terminal until like 6pm, and we listened and I felt like we were one of the last people to board.