Best use of Wi-Fi package

stlpam

Like Lenny said, the Voom package is buying concurrent use instead of a particular device.  With any device you'll log in on Safari with your code every time.  While you can use the Royal app, there isn't a requirement to put anything special on any device.  

What part of STL are you from?  I lived in Bellefontaine Neighbors for 40 years.

Welcome to the message boards!

As others have said, the wifi package isn't an app you load onto a device, it's a login that provides a connection to the internet. Phone or tablet doesn't matter, depending what you plan to do with it or what you are most comfortable with.

There is an app that depending on the ship can provide information for your cruise.  I find that works best on my phone but it's free and can be loaded on phone or tablet.  The app does not require a wifi package to work, but it only works on select ships at the moment.  The app is written for phone but can be loaded on a tablet.  

Be aware that satellite coverage in Alaska will result in a much different Voom experience compared to the Caribbean.  Alaska is so far North that satellites over the equator have a harder time reaching Alaska.  There will be times where there is no internet access.  

I'll be on Radiance this coming Friday.  Which ship are you on? 

17 hours ago, twangster said:

Be aware that satellite coverage in Alaska will result in a much different Voom experience compared to the Caribbean.  Alaska is so far North that satellites over the equator have a harder time reaching Alaska.  There will be times where there is no internet access.  

I'll be on Radiance this coming Friday.  Which ship are you on? 

We were on the Radiance this summer and we had AT&T cell service most of the time with the exception of an hour or two total.  We also had the VOOM surf and stream.  They only thing that seemed slow was trying to upload pictures to FB and also texting pics.