Hello I currently have booked a 1 bed room aqua theatre suite on Symphony of the seas but I just found out for the same price I can get a grand panoramic suite on Allure of the seas.

I would like to experience star class but there are currently available on the date of my sailing. 

1. Is there a drastic difference between the symphony of the seas and allure of the seas and which room should I choose.

1 hour ago, Quick account said:

Is there a drastic difference between the symphony of the seas and allure of the seas and which room should I choose.

Drastic? No.  Significant differences? Yea, you can say that.  Oasis and Allure do not offer some of the features and amenities of Symphony or Harmony.

Symphony has water slides, some specialty restaurants and bars, Escape room, laser tag and some entertainment that Allure does not.  Of course, you may not care about one of those.

For the price, Allure is going to be a better value simply because it does not command the premium price Symphony does.  With Symphony, you are definitely paying for the latest and greatest.  I'm not sure anyone here would think it would be a mistake to go for the really awesome room on Allure for the same price.

One thing to keep in mind. If you are under the Nonrefundable Deposit rules, you'll get charged for changing ships.

1 hour ago, Quick account said:

grand panoramic suite

Also add to the mix that that the suite is unique. It is only available on Oasis and Allure. Other thing is it is up on 17, right around the corner from the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Given the choice, I'd go with Allure. The ship might a bit older but it is still nice. Partial bias due to the Champagne Bar (plus Star Class helps).

Unless you have kids and the slides will make or break the vacation for them...I would go with Star Class for sure.  Star class benefits far outweigh Sky.  @CGTLH brings up a few good points and to add to that, keep in mind that the Grand Panoramic suite doesn't allow for much privacy in the master bath.  Not sure who you are sailing with but definitely something to keep in mind.

Great point about the non-refundable deposit penalty.  Keep in mind that you will be paying a $100 per person penalty to move your Suite reservation from Symphony to Allure.

Having said that...and recognizing that I have not yet sailed on Symphony...I am a Star Class lover and I have done Star Class on Allure (and also Harmony).  It is incredible.  I have stayed in a 1 BR ATS on Harmony and while very nice, it will not have the same amenities that the SC suites have.  Also realize....it is a VERY long walk from the aft elevators all the way back to the ATS.  If that's not a problem, cool.  After having done both the ATS (both 1 and 2 BR varieties) and being up on Deck 17 near the Coastal Kitchen and Suites Lounge, I can say that I prefer being up on Deck 17.  That long walk gets old FAST but I will never regret my cruises in the Aqua Theater Suites.  I think it is definitely worth doing at least once.

If the water slides and other new aspects of the Symphony are important, then just realize that you will not be getting those on Allure.

Honestly, if you can move from Sky class on Symphony to Star Class on Allure without much of a price difference, that would be a no-brainer for me but I don't have children sailing with me that might enjoy the water slides, laser tag and other things that Symphony offers.

What a nice choice to have !!