Nellie's Beach Cabanas

JohnK6404

My wife and I are 9 1/2 months away from our Allure cruise (5/19/19-5/26/19) - Western... we're going with another couple. Can't wait! First time on an Oasis class ship and first time with just friends (they did Eastern on Oasis last year and absolutely loved it)!

Just an FYI... the Labadee cabanas and bungalows are available already in the cruise planner!!!  ☺️

Just reserved one at Nellie's Beach over the water... we were nervous that they would sell out if we waited too long!

I just wanted to remind everyone (especially the relatively less experienced cruisers like us... this will only be our 4th RC cruise) to constantly check the cruise planner to see what opens up for reservations even this far out! We booked our dining months ago (14 months out from departure date). There never seems to be a set guideline for when certain reservations become available...

Now, we need to wait for some really good cruise planner sales for the ultimate drink package, etc., and wait for the entertainment reservations to open up... less of an urgency to book the other excursions.

Also, we cannot rave enough about how awesome and invaluable this forum is! Matt's articles, blogs, videos, etc., are also amazing and extremely helpful!

Thank you all for sharing your live blogs and experiences so we can all learn and have some fun! ☺️

11 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Also, we cannot rave enough about how awesome and invaluable this forum is! Matt's articles, blogs, videos, etc., are also amazing and extremely helpful!

Thank you all for sharing your live blogs and experiences so we can all learn and have some fun! ☺️

Really glad to hear you're find all this helpful!

15 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

My wife and I are 9 1/2 months away from our Allure cruise (5/19/19-5/26/19) - Western

Just an FYI... the Labadee cabanas and bungalows are available already in the cruise planner!!!  ☺️

Just reserved one at Nellie's Beach over the water... we were nervous that they would sell out if we waited too long!

Great catch, and very wise move. If you don't object to sharing, what was the price this far out? And are you finding it's on a discount with this weekend's Cruise Planner sale? Would be good to see if it's lower-priced like when I booked mine about 10-11 months out, as it would support the idea they price based on remaining supply.

8 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Great catch, and very wise move. If you don't object to sharing, what was the price this far out? And are you finding it's on a discount with this weekend's Cruise Planner sale? Would be good to see if it's lower-priced like when I booked mine about 10-11 months out, as it would support the idea they price based on remaining supply.

It’s full price ($579)... did not want to take any chances... does the cruise planner sale include cabanas?

Correct me if I’m wrong... If they offer a cruise planner sale down the road, but the cabanas are sold out, I’m out of luck and can’t cancel/rebook or get an adjustment?

Will keep checking! Funny, I never thought of that... was only thinking of the sale on the drink package! ?

16 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

It’s full price ($579)... did not want to take any chances... does the cruise planner sale include cabanas?

Will keep checking! Funny, I never thought of that... was only thinking of the sale on the drink package! ?

Yes, when I booked my cabana rental about 10 or 11 months out from last cruise in April, it was on sale for an unbelievable $255.75 for an over-the-water cabana. I have never seen the price go that low ever again, either when re-checking ahead of my cruise, or when folks post the prices they got in more recent posts.

The units were priced at $395 when they first became available, but the cruise planner sale that gave that super-low price happened only a month or so later. If it hadn't dropped that low I'd never have booked it; but with everything I knew it gave and that crazy good sale price, it was a no-brainer when I knew it really "split" among the four of us. To this day, I don't know if that sale price was a glitch that they were forced to honor or they just weren't selling any and needed a boost.

16 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong... If they offer a cruise planner sale down the road, but the cabanas are sold out, I’m out of luck and can’t cancel/rebook or get an adjustment?

I'm actually not sure on this. If they're sold out and not at all listed, you're definitely out of luck. But I think I saw them listed with a "Sold Out" banner across the image as it got closer to my sail-away date. If that happened and you noticed the price was better, it might be possible to call Royal directly and tell them you want to cancel and rebook at the lower rate. I'd be a little nervous about trying that, in case someone else went on and saw the unit open up in the couple of minutes in between canceling and rebooking and managed to snag it before the rebook was done. But it might be doable.

18 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I'm actually not sure on this. If they're sold out and not at all listed, you're definitely out of luck. But I think I saw them listed with a "Sold Out" banner across the image as it got closer to my sail-away date. If that happened and you noticed the price was better, it might be possible to call Royal directly and tell them you want to cancel and rebook at the lower rate. I'd be a little nervous about trying that, in case someone else went on and saw the unit open up in the couple of minutes in between canceling and rebooking and managed to snag it before the rebook was done. But it might be doable.

I'm not sure on that one either, however, with a cabin that is sold out and the price goes down, you can still re-price it before final payment so....it might work with the cabanas.  I would definitely do it over the phone, not online.