Title Only List of Podcast Episodes?

Hello. Perhaps not the right venue for this question, but don't know where else to ask. I use Google Play Music and Anypod to play Matt's podcasts. However, they drop podcast episodes as new ones are added. I can still download and play (or just stream) right from this website, however. My question, then: is there a list of @Matt podcast episodes (without the description, just the title)?

@Baked Alaska, I haven't seen such a list here on the site. I'm on iOS and use the podcast player "Overcast" (which is awesome and the one I recommend to anyone on iOS, but unfortunately doesn't have an Android version), but if Google Play / Anypod are anything like Overcast, you should be able to view either the entire episode history or a large chunk of the most recent podcasts from them.

In Overcast, I just tap on the name of the podcast from my main subscription list to get a screen where I can list only unplayed episodes or all episodes. The latter gives me the past 100 episodes, but not all the way back to episode 1. Your podcast player should have a similar feature somewhere.

If neither of those work, I believe that Pocket Cast and/or Castro are available for Android. They're Overcast's main competitors and work hard to maintain feature parity with it.

@JLMoran I downloaded pocketcast, but it only loads to episode 163. It doesn't show anything older than that. That's the problem I'm having with any of the podcast players that I've downloaded. For $3.99, it's a bummer, but on the other hand I do like the interface for other podcasts. So it's not a loss. If anyone else has some ideas, I would appreciate it. It seems the only place I can listen to older episodes, at least older than episode 163 is right here on though podcast website.

@Baked Alaska, I did another check using two different podcasts (Cruise Radio and Accidental Tech Podcast); I see the history on Cruise Radio (nearly 500 episodes) goes all the way back to episode 15, and the ATP history (185 episodes) goes back to episode 1. So I can only assume that either

• @Matt has set up a historical limit of 100 past episodes on the podcast indexing services (iTunes, Relay.fm, etc.) to keep his hosting costs reasonable, or
  • he didn't start uploading his episodes to those services until episode 163, or
  • possibly his podcast files prior to episode 163 are in a format that's not compatible with the indexing services

We'll need him to chime in at this point and see if can clarify. But given that, it does seem that going through the website and using the direct listen links he has for each episode is currently the only option.

I do apologize for causing you to spend money you didn't need to. I should have checked those other podcast histories first before I chimed in. ?

24 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@Baked Alaska, I did another check using two different podcasts (Cruise Radio and Accidental Tech Podcast); I see the history on Cruise Radio (nearly 500 episodes) goes all the way back to episode 15, and the ATP history (185 episodes) goes back to episode 1. So I can only assume that either

• @Matt has set up a historical limit of 100 past episodes on the podcast indexing services (iTunes, Relay.fm, etc.) to keep his hosting costs reasonable, or
  • he didn't start uploading his episodes to those services until episode 163, or
  • possibly his podcast files prior to episode 163 are in a format that's not compatible with the indexing services

We'll need him to chime in at this point and see if can clarify. But given that, it does seem that going through the website and using the direct listen links he has for each episode is currently the only option.

I do apologize for causing you to spend money you didn't need to. I should have checked those other podcast histories first before I chimed in. ?

@JLMoran Oh NO! PLease don't feel bad!!! I like the interface and will be using it now! Much better than the others I had been using! Thank you also for checking on this. I thought it was a karma/vibe sorta thing! ?

I'm going to chime in here with what I am doing to currently catch up on the earlier episodes of the podcast that don't show up in the episode history. I use the Overcast app that @JLMoran was referring to, but it looks like pocketcast has this ability too. I know that I can go to the individual pages and play the episodes on the website, but  my main issues with this are that it doesn't flow directly into the next episode for listening handsfree in the car, and that it doesn't remember where you left off if you can't finish an episode in one sitting

What I've found is that if you go to the individual episode pages (I recommend opening them in a new tab so you don't lose your place on the main episode listing page Matt linked to above) and right click on the "download episode" button you have the option to "save link as" - this will obviously look different depending on your browser. I'm using chrome

podcast01.png.57f14fc4c5ba3eaac71e3d84240c8154.png

Which will then allow you to save the .mp3 on your computer. I, personally, save them in their own subfolder to make the next step easier. 

podcast-2.thumb.png.689a6f459b284301309d1b6913d5caa0.png

Since you have pocketcast I recommend trying out these instructions. Basically, for whatever app you are using,  I would just google "APP NAME play mp3". For Overcast I used these instructions to great success. 

Hope that is helpful!