Avoiding the Booze Cruise

3 day over a weekend when college is on break. 

I once did a B2B on Carnival out of Long Beach, CA.  4 night followed by 3 night, not during any official college break.  3 night was over the weekend.  Distinct difference in clientele from the moment they stepped on board for the 2nd leg.  Right out of a movie... "Dude!", "Bro!", "Dude!", "Bro!" (drunk girl vomits on pool bar).  And that well before muster.

I'm doing Mariner in September but chose the 4 night during the week cruise, more to avoid a ton of kids on the weekend.

NCL Sky is a booze cruise because they have included booze.  There is no equivalent on Royal so it's more a matter of timing.

I have heard the the 4 nighters (during the week) are more calm compared to the 3 night weekend ones.  The exception being March (spring break).  We booked a 4-night sailing for Mariner next month.  I was slightly concerned about that but not too much anymore.  I can report on it in about a month.