Shuttle

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before...

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle service from our hotel to port canaveral? There are 11 of us so we prefer to take our own shuttle instead of using the hotels. Also, what time does everyone typically head to the port?

Thanks!!!!

Royal Caribbean provides transfers between MCO (Orlando International Airport) and Port Canaveral, provided you book it in advance and fly in the day of your cruise.

To purchase a Royal Caribbean Guest Transfer or for additional information consult your travel agent or the Royal Caribbean reservations department at 1-800-327-6700.

I've heard good things (but never used personally) about Happy Limo: http://www.happylimo.com/portcanaveralshuttle.html

We are looking for something from our hotel to the port.

Contact RC - they had a number of vans running from various hotels to the port when we sailed on Oasis last year.  The hotel we stayed at had enough passengers to warrant having their own van and staffer to direct people on-site.  

Lots of private car companies out there, just need to google this.(Not sure if I can post links to things here or not)

Will be cheaper probably than paying for each person to use RC shuttle services or even the hotel service. And don't have to wait for anyone else, direct drive, will often stop along the way if you need to etc.

I only use private car's now when in Orlando..no more shared shuttles for me.

We are on the Freedom next month. Flying into Orlando the day b4 and driving (renting a car) to Cape Canaveral...staying at the Cape. Even though my husband worked as an aerospace engineer on the Shuttle program for years, he has never been to NASA at CC (go figure) so we are going to go there first for the tour. Then we'll take the hotel shuttle from the hotel to the port on sail day.

That little adventure is costing us 1 day's car rental ($45+ taxes...not counting hotel room, of course) so it really was a much better deal than staying in Orlando and taking transport to the ship from Orlando. We are, however, doing the RC transport on the back end from the port back to the airport. It really isn't glamorous transportation but it's a bit of a distance from the Port to the airport in Orlando. I prefer, in that situation ONLY, to use a "guaranteed" form of transport.

One thing I will recommend....nothing to do with the transportation to/from the airport. I highly recommend using RC's luggage valet service. I have NEVER spent a better $10/pp than this ! When they pick up your luggage the night before disembarkation, they take your luggage to the airport for you and see it on its merry way and then you do not see it again until you pick it up at the luggage pickup at your home airport. AWESOME service. There are restrictions on how early your flight can leave from Orlando (I think it's maybe noon or 12:30) and not all airlines participate but most do from Orlando. Check it out. It's one of the FEW new services that RC is offering that is WORTH the money !