Cozumel Snorkeling Starfish

Diane.M

I haven't done this excursion, but I would imagine that as long as she paid to be on the trip, the operator will be fine with her staying on the boat while the rest of the passengers go and snorkel. I'm mobility limited and snorkeling isn't an option for me, but I went with the rest of my family on an all-day beach and snorkeling trip in St. Maarten where I just stayed on the boat the whole time. The captain and first mate were totally fine with it and made a point of talking with me and otherwise making sure that I wasn't feeling totally left out while the other passengers were ogling the fish.

If they have an email address listed, I'd suggest contacting them that way just to be 100% certain, but I'd be stunned if they weren't OK with a paying passenger choosing to stay on the boat for whatever reasons.

6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I haven't done this excursion, but I would imagine that as long as she paid to be on the trip, the operator will be fine with her staying on the boat while the rest of the passengers go and snorkel. I'm mobility limited and snorkeling isn't an option for me, but I went with the rest of my family on an all-day beach and snorkeling trip in St. Maarten where I just stayed on the boat the whole time. The captain and first mate were totally fine with it and made a point of talking with me and otherwise making sure that I wasn't feeling totally left out while the other passengers were ogling the fish.

If they have an email address listed, I'd suggest contacting them that way just to be 100% certain, but I'd be stunned if they weren't OK with a paying passenger choosing to stay on the boat for whatever reasons.

That’s what I had hoped to hear. ?.  She can’t take video and pics. She is hilarious. They will enjoy her. ????

We've been on multiple snorkeling excursions in Mexico and Grand Cayman and seen multiple other parties have family members stay on board the excursion vessel while people snorkel in the water.   Shouldn't be an issue to stay onboard...  However, if she wants to get in water, they will probably not let her.   Waivers strictly mention diabetes and they tend to go strictly by the book and say you can't snorkel/scuba.   It's a shame they lump everyone into a single category and assume you will get low blood sugar and pass out from kicking your swim fins too hard... 

16 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

We've been on multiple snorkeling excursions in Mexico and Grand Cayman and seen multiple other parties have family members stay on board the excursion vessel while people snorkel in the water.   Shouldn't be an issue to stay onboard...  However, if she wants to get in water, they will probably not let her.   Waivers strictly mention diabetes and they tend to go strictly by the book and say you can't snorkel/scuba.   It's a shame they lump everyone into a single category and assume you will get low blood sugar and pass out from kicking your swim fins too hard... 

+1, my wife hates snorkeling, but we always go together on the excursions and she just stays on the boat.

22 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

She really has no desire to snorkel so it is OK, but I agree if it wasnt for the insulin pump she is capable of snorkeling.  She is very active otherwise. I am glad to hear it wont be unusual for her to just tag along.