Sad story booking with Royal Caribbean, any advise?

I tried to book Allure of the Seas for April 7 2019, but the sail was not available for booking for >1 month.  I started a thread here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6302-missing-sail-for-allure-of-the-seas-on-april-7/ to ask what happened to the sail, and no one really have an answer.  I called Royal Caribbean multiple times, and they told me that I that boat is not available for booking anymore, and I had to book a different boat.

I booked on a different boat, and Allure of the Seas for April 7 2019 just become available on Friday.  I called Royal Caribbean to change the boat, and they told me that I have to pay $100/person for the change fee.  I understand it is the policy, but if a boat is not available for booking, and Royal Caribbean agents advise on booking on a different boat, I can't believe they are not willing to make any exceptions.

Anyone has suggestions if I have other ways around this?

IF they make an exception for you, they would have to make an exception for everyone. That is why, it is nipped in the budd for non-refundable bookings versus refundable bookings, which you should have booked in the first place instead of trying to justify why you should be granted a "nunc pro tunc".  When in doubt, always book refundable. You can always change it later, if you wish to.

This won't help you now but it's another advantage of booking through a travel agent.

For an upcoming Panama Canal sailing on RCI's website the westbound wasn't available for booking but the eastbound was.  My agent was able to book me on the Westbound it in a great room despite the fact it wasn't available on Royal's website.  A few weeks later it became available on the website.  The rest of my cabin class sold out and in general all fares have increased quite a bit, a balcony is now $3k more than it was when I booked.  Plus I am booked in a fully refundable fare which isn't even available through RCI direct.

Bottom line - ship's are available to book or not for a number of reasons.  When we choose to book a ship, we all agree to the terms and conditions. 

The bottom line on booking a cruise is to use a travel agent as mentioned in the previous replies. They could get the answer and results the call center may not be able to.

Here's a thought...if you booked less than 60 days ago (your other thread was on May 5, so you may be in luck), you should be able to transfer your sailing to a travel agent. The one that sponsors this blog is fantastic and may be able to help you. You may need to pay a higher deposit, but in your case, it may be worth it if sailing on Allure is what you definitely want to do. I would also seriously consider changing to the refundable fare if it is still available (you may have to to get back on Allure). I have worked with Brock at MEI for almost two years, and he has pulled a couple miracles for me.

If you are past the 60 day window, you will have to keep your booking the way it is. In that case, I would ask for the situation to be escalated to a supervisor or manager and see what happens.

3 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

The bottom line on booking a cruise is to use a travel agent as mentioned on the previous replies. They could get the answer and results the call center may not be able to.

Here's a thought...if you booked less than 60 days ago (your other thread was on May 5, so you may be in luck), you should be able to transfer your sailing to a travel agent. The one that sponsors this blog is fantastic and may be able to help you. You may need to pay a higher deposit, but in your case, it may be worth it if sailing on Allure is what you definitely want to do. I would also seriously consider changing to the refundable fare if it is still available (you may have to to get back on Allure). I have worked with Brock at MEI for almost two years, and he has pulled a couple miracles for me.

If you are past the 60 day window, you will have to keep your booking the way it is. In that case, I would ask for the situation to be escalated to a supervisor or manager and see what happens.

Actually, if you are past your 60 day window, AND you have not used a future cruise deposit OR booked onboard the ship, just cancel your reservation and rebook with ANY reputable travel agent you feel comfortable with.  Just do your research with several travel agents and see what they can do for you.

I did book with a travel agent.  I will call travel agent Monday morning.  I booked on it May 6th, just about 15 days ago, but when I talk to Royal Caribbean through the agent on Friday, they already telling me that I can't change it.  I will try again Monday.  Thanks for the advices.