Adventure of the Seas and/or Maine or E. Canada Experiences?

Iluv4n6

Hi All!

My wife and I would love to hear from any members on what they enjoyed most about sailing on Adventure of the Seas and/or taking in a Maine and eastern Canada itinerary.  We have not cruised on Voyager Class before, but our excitement is mounting for a cruise on Adventure over Labor Day weekend this year, including the sail-away from Bayonne around Manhattan and near the Statue of Liberty--fingers will be crossed for good weather to view NYC during sail-away.   Adventure also looks big enough to offer a great range of onboard entertainment and dining, which we both enjoy, but will give us a nice change in experience from our last cruise, which was on Oasis.

We also posted a more port-specific inquiry on the excursions board. 

Thanks for any comments on what stood out for you about the ship or cruising the northeast!

20 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

My wife and I would love to hear from any members on what they enjoyed most about sailing on Adventure of the Seas and/or taking in a Maine and eastern Canada itinerary. 

This is a relatively new offering for Adventure (she's not even in the area yet, as the re-positioning cruise is next week).

However, I'm sure there are some folks here who can share their New England/Canada experiences.  It may help if you have specific questions about the itinerary.

Thanks, All--the refurbished ship sounds great!  This cruise looks like a fantastic opportunity to experience a part of the US and the Canadian maritime provinces my wife and I have never seen before ( I visited Maine many moons ago...).   We are encouraged that this cruising in the northeast  ranks highly with @DocLC and perhaps also some other vets.  Thanks, @JLMoran, will read the  @KLAconQueso's blog on her recent Adventure cruise.  Some priorities for us will likely include: 

• Touring Acadia -- @DocLC suggested a private trolley tour operator for this visit in the parallel thread in the Excursions board.  
  • Witnessing tidal changes in the Bay of Fundy (St. John), if parctical.
  • Touring Halifax including Peggy's Cove and possibly also the cemetery holding some who perished on the Titanic.
  • Sampling awesome lobster and craft/local brews.
  • Enjoying the entertainment offered onboard Adventure, especially the shows and musicians/singing groups.

Although the majority of NA cruisers are drawn to the Caribbean for obvious reasons, it is great to hear from others who have enjoyed cruising the northeast as a change-up.