Going Solo!

I will be going on a 7 night Caribbean cruise on Allure May 27th.  Due to a major work issue, my husband had to back out but I have decided to  go solo. He is cool with this so it's all good.  I am excited about the cruise but also a little nervous.    I know what to expect of the Windjammer, but not sure what will happen in the MDR.  I am an outgoing person but I would hate to be seated with people who really don't want me there.  I am toying with the idea of buying the ultimate dining package.  Would I have a chance at being seated at my own table?  I booked an excursion on the Swept Away for St, Martin and a clam shell on the beach at Labadee (I burn wearing sunscreen). I haven't decided what to do in San Juan but I think I  may just walk to old San Juan, take in the sites, and  have a great cocktail and some mofongo.  Anyone have any pointers or experiences to share?  I have too many people telling me that I am crazy to do this.  I need some positive reinforcement!  

I think I may have put this in the wrong spot.  Sorry!

Edited by Garnet21
I think this post may not belong under "discussion"

I cruise solo often, just came off 10 days on Serenade. 

Do you have fixed time dining or my time dining?  With my time I always get my own table but its usually very close to other couples.  Last week I shared a bottle of wine with the couple next to me.  A lot depends how social the other people are.  With fixed time dining you may be at a table with several other couples.  Talk to the maître'd and they may be able to accommodate what ever you are looking for.

My live blog from was last week is here:

Garnet21,

I have been a solo cruiser for the last 10 years and I love it. I love the meeting of new people (friends) when eating in the MDR. I have met so many people that I still keep in contact with and have even cruised with again. The only problem I have found is one cruise I was seated with a family. Everyone there was related in one way or another and I was the only oddball, so I asked the maitre'd to switch me to another table and it was perfect. I don't want to sit alone, I want to mingle and talk. My last cruise, a few weeks ago, I was the only woman with five men, that one was fun. 

Give it a try, I think you will enjoy yourself.