2 ADJOINING INTERIOR SINGLE CABINS

sulross

Do any married couples get adjoining interior cabins for the double points.  I have heard that a married couple each get a separate adjoining interior cabin so they can get the double points as a single cruiser and get double amenities.  It sure is cheaper than a Jr suite.  Has anyone done this or heard of someone doing it.  I priced it out and it is about half the price of a Jr Suite for the two cabins.

It would greatly depend on the price of 2 staterooms versus a junior suite.  You could do this but you'd pay 4x the price (each single cruiser pays single supplement, so you're paying for 4 people to go instead of 2).  

That's the chief downside, along with no balcony. But the benefits you point out are nice. Guess it depends what's more important to you!

I would pay 1.5 times for a cabin.  I recently checked a particular cruise and the Jr. Suite total for the two of us was $3200.00  The cost of the interior for one was $850 x 2 = $1700.  So for $1500 less we have two interior adjoining cabins, double points and double amenities.  A balcony is nice, but not really needed, especially as many times as we have been to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth.  We have never done two separate cabins, but it is an alternative if you want double points and pay less along the way.

I guess the question to ask is whether the additional cost of the single supplement is worth it in terms of the benefits gained by racking up the cruise points more quickly. How many free drinks per night are you going to consume? If you're on the beverage package, then there's no value to you here. If you're going to travel in a balcony cabin in the future, then you'll get additional discounts, but does it amount to two single supplements?

My guess is that the cost of getting to the upper tiers of C&A this way aren't cost effective. However, I get where your coming from as I've played the numbers, too, to find ways to jump levels.