book solo then add, book double occ then subtract, or book then change passengers?

7 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Also, would they handle someone from outside the US like me? I am in the grey zone it seems. American companies say they can't help me, my local agent sucks, and I use the American site to book. I normally use one of the bigger sites but that's because anything is better than RCL's site lol.

MEI has special approval for booking blog group cruises for anyone but I don't know about non-blog cruises.

30 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Does MEI price match?  I am in the same boat as @TheaFromCDA.  I would love to try out MEI after hearing all the good things about them from these boards.  However, often, I can get a way better deal elsewhere for less service.

I asked Jacki York, my MEI agent.  Like all agencies ... it depends.  There are some fly by night online agencies that undercut prices.  Impossible to price match places like that.

Never hurts to ask... here is her contact info:

Jacki York, CTA

Independent Travel Consultant

Email:       [email protected]

Local:       (518) 853-4009

Toll Free: (855) 893-8747

Fax:           (518) 514-1110

Office Hours:      Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
                              Saturday and Sunday - I check email and voice mail messages as time permits.

I normally respond to all email inquiries within 24 hours. If your request is urgent please call.

1 hour ago, TheaFromCDA said:

Thanks @twangster you are amazing! I really wish I could book via MEI but their pricing doesn't seem to be close to what I see on the other sites :(

Non-RC sites tend to leave off taxes and port fees until the very end.  Also, be sure to make sure the prices include gratuities or not.

As @twangster noted, some of the big sites tend to rebate money off the price but that comes at the cost of service and/or charging you fees for changes.  With MEI, no fees for having changes done, and you get an agent who works with you, not a call center.

I'm biased and they are a sponsor, but sometimes you have to consider the bigger picture about what a TA is really there for.