CocoCay Improvements 2018 and beyond

In terms of 2018 and CocoCay, it has been announced about the new pier construction currently slated for mid-2018 opening.  Has anything else been formally announced by RCCL for CocoCay?  There are many rumors floating around and they are probably true, but I'd love to get what 'facts' have been released.   Headed to CocoCay on 01/01/2019 and would like to know what improvements might be open at that time...

If I could get one addition to the island, it would be a bike trail and bike rental similar to Castaway Cay with Disney... 

Paul

Dallas, TX

Other than the pier in 2018, nothing else has been officially announced. Just alluded to...

which will include the construction of a pier, additional guest features and amenities, and new opportunities for vendors and craftsmen to promote the culture of The Bahamas to visitors.

The pier will be done in June 2018.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I haven't heard anything about the proposed "overnight" bungalows in quite a while.  Anyone know anything new about this project ?

Only vague references being made to it here and there.  Perhaps the hit from the 2017 hurricane season has delayed plans beyond the new pier and buildings to support the new pier area.  

I hope to make CocoCay next week weather permitting.  Interested in seeing pier progress.

58 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I haven't heard anything about the proposed "overnight" bungalows in quite a while.  Anyone know anything new about this project ?

Other than the pier, RC has not confirmed anything else coming to CocoCay officially. Just that interview Michael Bayley gave where he rattled off some ideas, which may or may not actually be in the plan.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ah....I thought it was a real plan.  Too bad.   Probably won't ever happen then.

It may very well be a plan, we just don't know.  In my observations, Michael Bayley likes to talk about ideas for the future, but they may not always be tied to an actual plan for what's coming in short term.

Classic example is he said RC will add water slides to Oasis and Allure. Clearly hasn't happened yet. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

It may very well be a plan, we just don't know.  In my observations, Michael Bayley likes to talk about ideas for the future, but they may not always be tied to an actual plan for what's coming in short term.

Classic example is he said RC will add water slides to Oasis and Allure. Clearly hasn't happened yet. 

Maybe it's a strategy to strike fear in a competitor and get them to spend money on their own private islands... like the one next door.  

On 1/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, Matt said:

Other than the pier in 2018, nothing else has been officially announced. Just alluded to...

The pier will be done in June 2018.

Did they announce if the pier will handle multiple ships on same day?  Have they done this before with tendering and I just missed it? Easy way to check ship schedule for CocoCay?

Paul

1 hour ago, Scatmanjack said:

Did they announce if the pier will handle multiple ships on same day?  Have they done this before with tendering and I just missed it? Easy way to check ship schedule for CocoCay?

Paul

Not sure about the pier. I can tell you that occasionally Labadee has had two ships on same day with its pier.

Historically CocoCay has serviced two ships on same day, but like Labadee, not a regularly occurring thing.

There are port schedules for CocoCay, like this one: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/138-Cococay/January_2018/