5/4/19 Itinerary Change - SOTS

I received word from my TA today that Coco Cay is being replaced with Labadee for our 5/4/19 Symphony sailing. The email from Royal to my TA cites "enhancements" at Coco Cay as the reason for the change. 

I was under the impression the new pier would be done before our sailing. Has it been delayed? Is there more construction contemplated?

I went to Labadee last month and loved it so I'm not upset about it, just curious!

Got the same email for my July 2019 SOTS sailing.  Here's the email:

To whom it may concern,

We wanted to provide you with an itinerary update on your upcoming Symphony of the Seas sailing on July 27, 2019. Due to enhancements taking place on our private island, Cococay, Bahamas, we have replaced that port with our other private island, Labadee, Haiti.As one of our highest rated port of calls, we are sure you will have a blast in Labadee as a typical day here includes an all-you-can-eat BBQ, snorkeling, beach chairs to lounge care free and our most popular excursion to date, Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, where you can zip across the beautiful beach on a 2,600-foot-long zip line. There are tons of other water activities that give you plenty of options to arrange their perfect vacation!   For your convenience, your  final itinerary is outlined below.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart
Sat Miami, Florida   4:30 PM
Sun Cruising    
Mon Cruising    
Tue Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
Thu Labadee, Haiti 9:30 AM 6:00 PM
Fri Cruising    
Sat Miami, Florida 6:00 AM  

19 hours ago, ABFrenchie said:

I was under the impression the new pier would be done before our sailing. Has it been delayed? Is there more construction contemplated?

The pier will be done by June 2018, but the scope of work being done is not limited to just a pier.  They are adding other things.

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Got the same email for my July 2019 SOTS sailing.

OK, I think now that we have both Serenade of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas, using the shorthand SOTS isn't going to work any more. Kind of like Mariner and Monarch, or Vision and Voyager.

Maybe first two letters of the ship name, followed by "otS"? SYotS / SEotS; MAotS / MOotS; VIotS / VOotS?

Just a thought, feel free to ignore. ?

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

OK, I think now that we have both Serenade of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas, using the shorthand SOTS isn't going to work any more. Kind of like Mariner and Monarch, or Vision and Voyager.

Maybe first two letters of the ship name, followed by "otS"? SYotS / SEotS; MAotS / MOotS; VIotS / VOotS?

Lol!  I completely forgot about Serenade! ?

10 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Royal newbie here, I didn't think about it either!  

What else are they doing to Coco Cay?

6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

My ex wife used to refer to me as IDI of the Seas.

You neglected Majesty which conflicts with MAotS.

At a certain point it's just easier to write Symphony.