Luggage Valet Issues

ABFrenchie

Does anyone have any experience with misplaced luggage being returned to you by RC or luggage valet, and if so, how long the process took?

We just got off an absolutely fabulous week on the Harmony and opted to check 3 bags in with the luggage valet program. When we filled out the form, we put 2 bags under my husband's name and 1 under mine. We got a call yesterday afternoon from customer service claiming they couldn't check my husband's bags because there was an issue with his airport check-in. However they were able to check me in just fine. We asked customer service to then put 2 bags under my name for luggage valet, and we would check the third in at the airport. They said no problem and last night I received 2 luggage valet tags in my stateroom. We set the luggage out before the deadline and it was gone by morning. 

As we arrived at the airport for our flight we got a call from a rep (unclear if Royal or third party luggage valet rep) claiming to have our 2 bags because we cancelled luggage valet (we did not).  The bags were not sent to the airport and would not be on our flight. The rep couldn't/wouldn't provide any information as to how we will get our bags back other than to say they have to be sent to a warehouse first and we would get a call "in a few days". 

Anyone deal with a similar issue? How was it resolved? We enjoyed our cruise so much we booked a NextCruise 2019 sailing on Symphony but I am incredibly disappointed with customer service so far in resolving this issue and am considering canceling it. 

Make sure to read the fine print.

We love using luggage valet and opted to do it again on our recent Navigator sailing. We decided to try and catch an earlier flight and tried to walk of ship at 7 am. When security scanned our SeaPass cards a message came up that we were Luggage Valet guests and could not leave ship until 8 am. Royal said it had to do with customs and there were no exceptions. Lesson learned.

13 hours ago, Wilson said:

Make sure to read the fine print.

We love using luggage valet and opted to do it again on our recent Navigator sailing. We decided to try and catch an earlier flight and tried to walk of ship at 7 am. When security scanned our SeaPass cards a message came up that we were Luggage Valet guests and could not leave ship until 8 am. Royal said it had to do with customs and there were no exceptions. Lesson learned.

That’s very interesting. First time I’ve heard this. Thanks for the heads up !