Virtual balcony, Central Park view

Hutcherl

Does anybody have any experience in a room of this type?  It’s a Harmony inside stateroom category 2s room 9179 Central Park view virtual balcony?  I’m kinda confused on the virtual view.  I asked the RC rep what might be a silly question- Is the virtual view of the Central Park or the ocean? She politely laughed and said it’s the ocean.  My booking states Central Park view.  I’m confused!  Any help is appreciated 

12 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I wonder if it is a room that runs along Central Park but does not have a balcony to CP? So it has a VB instead? Is it on Deck 9? Those cabins that run along deck 9 that face CP don't have balconies. They have a window instead. But the virtual part is confusing...

Yes you are correct. It definitely runs along CP and according to the deck plan it would  seem to a view of CP.   So maybe instead of a window overlooking CP, it has a VB view instead?  But the booking states CP view.  If I decide to book I’ll get clarification.  Thanks Sabrinaklai

If you look at images of CP and the rooms right above it it definitely does not look like a VB. it looks like a window. And if you search CC reviews of specific cabins they mention a window that looks out to CP.  So unless they are getting rid of the windows and installing VB's instead (which I doubt) it might be wonky IT again. 

IMG_1144.thumb.PNG.76590c52fc3b8514b0f4bc5956661280.PNGIMG_1145.thumb.PNG.debc5000bb4ef300c42c795fa3be7d7f.PNG

18 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Could this be a room behind the living wall section of CP? I remember Matt doing a scope that showed how the wall went up and basically took up the space a balcony would.

Not likely...if I remember correctly the living wall is near the middle of CP but 9179 is near the elevators.  The mystery continues...

Just got some clarification, I think!    Called in and RC rep said it’s a CP window view.   I stated that the website and the previous RC rep states it a VB.  He said I’m looking at the booking and it’s a CP view.  I asked the he double check because of the conflicting info.   He spoke to a manager and confirmed that it is a VB so no CP view.  In place of a window overlooking CP, it’ll be a VB.  So this time the website is correct and the booking is listed wrong.  It even confused the second rep I just spoke with.   

Now that that is all cleared up, I went ahead and put a deposit down.   Now wondering how we will like the VB.  Also, surprised that it is cheaper than a regular inside stateroom.  

2 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

Just got some clarification, I think!    Called in and RC rep said it’s a CP window view.   I stated that the website and the previous RC rep states it a VB.  He said I’m looking at the booking and it’s a CP view.  I asked the he double check because of the conflicting info.   He spoke to a manager and confirmed that it is a VB so no CP view.  In place of a window overlooking CP, it’ll be a VB.  So this time the website is correct and the booking is listed wrong.  It even confused the second rep I just spoke with.   

Now that that is all cleared up, I went ahead and put a deposit down.   Now wondering how we will like the VB.  Also, surprised that it is cheaper than a regular inside stateroom.  

Between the wonky IT and confused RC agents thank goodness we all have each other on this site lol!

We had a VB on Liberty when they first came out and we loved it.  I have not seen the VB rooms on an O class but I would expect it to be at least as good as the ones on LIB.

To answer your question about the view, it is a closed circuit feed from one of the exterior cameras on board (which one would depend upon where the room is located) so you are seeing a real-time view of either the bow view or the stern view.  I find it to be a worthy alternative to the NO view of an interior cabin....and, generally, the price is right !

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We had a VB on Liberty when they first came out and we loved it.  I have not seen the VB rooms on an O class but I would expect it to be at least as good as the ones on LIB.

To answer your question about the view, it is a closed circuit feed from one of the exterior cameras on board (which one would depend upon where the room is located) so you are seeing a real-time view of either the bow view or the stern view.  I find it to be a worthy alternative to the NO view of an interior cabin....and, generally, the price is right !

Thanks for the info.  We are fine with a regular interior but since the VB is priced lower it is a no brainer to try.  Glad to hear you liked it.