“North Star” on Ovation of the Seas

MandM

Hi @MandM

I have not cruised yet BUT having read things on here and other sites I took the chance to book North Star and Rip Cord I Fly for my Ovation cruises in March.

Strongly suggest you do too - if they are still available - as if you don't you could end up queuing for quite some time apparently.

Enjoy.

Leaving in a few weeks?  Yikes.  Hopefully there are still some spots left for you.  For my sailing on Anthem in March, North Star bookings were gone over a month ago.  They go fast.  If you aren't able to get a spot try to make a reservation once you get on board.  Also keep checking your cruise planner because they might always open more spots or people might cancel.  Last but not least, I have read some reviews on other sites where people claim that on port days and embarkation day you don't need a reservation, you just get in line.  

5 minutes ago, MandM said:

Morning Sabrinaklai,

Thanks for the info I am going to try now 

I honestly had no idea you had to book until I read it last night that you needed to book! 

Thanks again

Unfortunately, some of these newer and bigger ships you do need to book things ahead of time.  Good luck and like I said, keep trying even if nothing shows up right now.  You never know.

Hi,

We travelled on Ovation last year and I would highly recommend booking the North Star. At the beginning of the cruise the lines were pretty long and they were only taking walk up if guests who had booked didn't turn up. Towards the end of the cruise there did seem to be shorter lines but they were never "short". If you can book... do book.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:51 PM, MandM said:

Hi Bazza,

Can you tell me where you found it in the Royal Caribbean site to book them we have looked everywhere!

i booked shore Excursions tonight but I couldn’t find where the North Star or Rip Cord bookings are?Thanks for heads up 

Keep looking even if you don't see it now. From memory, I think it was less than a month out when the bookings opened up.

For our cruise in late December the Waverider lessons still haven't opened up for booking. You can see them but you are unable to complete the "#guest+date+time" selections.... hopefully it'll open up soon. 

Northstar and Ripcord never came up as an option for our cruise on Ovation sailing from Singapore next week. RCCL does change their operating procedures for the Asian market which is why I think they are not available on our cruise planner. We also only have one dining package to choose from.

You should be sailing out of Aus/NZ so it should show up soon.