Flow Rider Lessons

rjac

So they offer three different types of lessons.

FlowRider Private Wave Session  This type you need to know how to load onto the wave.  They only have two instructors on hand for safety proposes.

FlowRider Surf Lesson This is a group atmosphere, I believe its up to eight other individuals that you share an hour on the flow rider.

Ultimate FlowRider Experience  This is a private flow session with instructions

If you go into cruise planner for your cruise and look under activities you can get additional info.

We have done the first one many times and our whole family has a blast.  

We've done the group lesson twice on different cruises.  It is $69 each.  It is typically offered around dinner times 6 or 7.  If you can get a 6pm slot on the first day, great!  I wouldn't get the 7 pm slot as it wouldn't get your 12 year old to the teen club on time (and they really should try the teen club the first night.) I think because of the teen club we did the lesson on night 2 and skipped the first formal night.

Our first lesson had 8 kids and my kids got several rides.  The second lesson started with 5 kids and 3 of the younger kids (including one of mine) didn't like it and stopped.  My older 2 had the flowrider to themselves for 30 minutes.  They were exhausted after that so I really wouldn't pay for a private session unless it was a bigger group. The lessons were great and they really try to teach the kids "tricks". If they are tall enough to stand they concentrate on that as its harder than the boogie boarding although the boogie boarding tricks are really fun to try too.