New England and Canada-Grandeur of the Seas

Boston Babe

HI everyone,  I was wondering if anyone has done the New England/Canada cruise from Baltimore? It really looks like such a nice and different cruise.  We are booked for Bermuda currently and then Bermuda in Sept 2018, the 2 Celebrity Eastern and Western in 2019 so thought this was nice. If anyone has done this I would appreciate any input. thank you so much!!

On 9/27/2017 at 4:31 PM, Boston Babe said:

HI everyone,  I was wondering if anyone has done the New England/Canada cruise from Baltimore? It really looks like such a nice and different cruise.  We are booked for Bermuda currently and then Bermuda in Sept 2018, the 2 Celebrity Eastern and Western in 2019 so thought this was nice. If anyone has done this I would appreciate any input. thank you so much!!

Hi Boston Babe, my wife and I did a 9 night cruise on Grandeur out of Baltimore almost two years ago to the day. We just got off a TA on Serenade (same class ship) and I can tell you with 100% certainty to book the Canada/New England cruise. Not only is the itinerary great (ours was: Portland Maine, Bar Harbor Maine, St Johns NB, Halifax NS, Boston) but the ship is also pretty fun too! Not sure if they have the same cruise director staff but ours was fantastic and there was always something to do on the ship and not just trivia either!

The headliner shows were great and we personally enjoyed that this was the only ship we've been on recently where they actually leave the hot tubs open late at night on cold evenings instead of closing them down at 7 pm. I would definitely do this cruise for sure. If you have any specific questions (things to do or see) just let me know.

2 hours ago, ElSpeedoTorpedo said:

Hi Boston Babe, my wife and I did a 9 night cruise on Grandeur out of Baltimore almost two years ago to the day. We just got off a TA on Serenade (same class ship) and I can tell you with 100% certainty to book the Canada/New England cruise. Not only is the itinerary great (ours was: Portland Maine, Bar Harbor Maine, St Johns NB, Halifax NS, Boston) but the ship is also pretty fun too! Not sure if they have the same cruise director staff but ours was fantastic and there was always something to do on the ship and not just trivia either!

The headliner shows were great and we personally enjoyed that this was the only ship we've been on recently where they actually leave the hot tubs open late at night on cold evenings instead of closing them down at 7 pm. I would definitely do this cruise for sure. If you have any specific questions (things to do or see) just let me know.

Thanks so much elspeedo!! LOL, I decided to stick with original plans this year, on Grandeur to Bermuda and I'm hoping they have the same itinerary for Sept 2019. by then we would have exhausted most of everything we wanted to do. another reason, is we were looking at the May cruise and I thought up north it still might be a bit chilly at least north of Portland.  We will take that trip, we got married in Marblehead and I lived there (Boston/Marblehead? but haven't been back in 6 year.  I am looking forward to it if it works out! Thanks so very much! 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, Boston Babe said:

Boarding Serenade on Sun. Will report back about the ports and such when we return.

Honestly NJCRUISER, I think it will be mine too.  You can just see so many islands and having worked for a Caribbean Hotel chain for years I was blessed enough to have seen most of them.

I lived in Marblehead MA and got married there, so that is one stop would love to see Beantown again etc! 

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Honestly NJCRUISER, I think it will be mine too.  You can just see so many islands and having worked for a Caribbean Hotel chain for years I was blessed enough to have seen most of them.

I lived in Marblehead MA and got married there, so that is one stop would love to see Beantown again etc! 

Graduated from Boston University. I love doing the cruise on Grandeur and Explorer. Some of my friends met me at the pier. Love Boston!!!!!