Key West Port Open

They just announced  on the news that the Key West  ship port is now open.  Hopefully the other ports that  were affected by the hurricanes will be able to re open at some point and time.  Obviously not as fast as Key West.   Mother nature has been very unkind this year.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that were affected both here and abroad.   Just saw the itinerary update page and the next 3 RC cruises are going to Nassau instead of Key West..  

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, fonemanbob said:

They just announced  on the news that the Key West  ship port is now open.  Hopefully the other ports that  were affected by the hurricanes will be able to re open at some point and time.  Obviously not as fast as Key West.   Mother nature has been very unkind this year.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that were affected both here and abroad.   Just saw the itinerary update page and the next 3 RC cruises are going to Nassau instead of Key West..  

I'm happy that they are on the road to recovery, but I'm wondering how much is actually open and available to do for visitors? 

3 hours ago, FManke said:

I'm happy that they are on the road to recovery, but I'm wondering how much is actually open and available to do for visitors? 

From what I've read, most of the "old town" is open. Apparently, Key West received the least amount of damage compared to the rest of the keys. The officials in Key West are also claiming that the passengers will not impact recovery efforts as they stay within Key West and rarely travel beyond the town itself.

40 minutes ago, DocLC said:

From what I've read, most of the "old town" is open. Apparently, Key West received the least amount of damage compared to the rest of the keys. The officials in Key West are also claiming that the passengers will not impact recovery efforts as they stay within Key West and rarely travel beyond the town itself.

That's actually good to hear because the more they have to offer, the quicker they will return to normal through tax revenue.