Must Do's on Jewel of the Seas

George

Many people enjoy the Seaview Cafe, deck 12 aft.  It has limited hours so you have to check your Compass for hours. 

When you go to the Windjammer (buffet) don't miss the covered outdoor seating.  It is all the way in the back through the Windjammer. 

Deck six has the Schooner Bar, Game Reserve (with self leveling pool tables) and The Safari Club, all nice.

Also take a walk out to the helicopter pad. To get there take the deck four promenade walkway forward and go up the staircase.

I would love to see the compasses when you return if you are up for keeping them and scanning them.

If you want to see some pics of the Jewel (almost 100) click the following link:  https://plus.google.com/photos/114954313618841672974/albums/5835722288306398337?banner=pwa

I forgot about the elevators, great view!

Also if you go up to the Loyalty Ambassador area you can look straight down in to the center of the Centrum.  Like so:

IMG_3934.jpg

Yes! I took a lot of photos of this and never got sick of it. Looks best at night

It's amazing how many times I see Seaview Cafe mentioned across the internet. The one thing that most cruise lines lack is a good late night dining venue. Once I started traveling with my son, a late night venue was need as he was always hungry after getting picked up from the clubs and room service jus took too long. The 24 cafe on NCL is great and I wish the other lines offered something similar across their fleets.

• 2 weeks later...

I was so entranced by Matt's podcast previews and reviews of his Jewel cruise last year, I booked the exact same one today! Watching this thread closely - only 341 days to sailaway! 

I'm so glad you were inspired to book it too.  It's a great cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Many people enjoy the Seaview Cafe, deck 12 aft.  It has limited hours so you have to check your Compass for hours. 

When you go to the Windjammer (buffet) don't miss the covered outdoor seating.  It is all the way in the back through the Windjammer. 

Deck six has the Schooner Bar, Game Reserve (with self leveling pool tables) and The Safari Club, all nice.

Also take a walk out to the helicopter pad. To get there take the deck four promenade walkway forward and go up the staircase.

I would love to see the compasses when you return if you are up for keeping them and scanning them.

If you want to see some pics of the Jewel (almost 100) click the following link:  https://plus.google.com/photos/114954313618841672974/albums/5835722288306398337?banner=pwa

We just purchased this cruise for February.  Thank you for the pics!

Greg

We just purchased this cruise for February.  Thank you for the pics!

Greg

Thanks, we are sailing her in 6-1/2 weeks, the last week of January.  If you, or anyone else, is looking for any information let me know and I'll try and have an answer for you on my return.  I will definitely be bringing back the Compasses which I will send to Matt to post on the site.