Getting off ship early for flight

Hi

I have a 11:30am flight coming home from Australia.  Unfortunately there are no afternoon flights on any airlines.  Believe me I’m not happy about that.   
what has been your experience with getting off of the ship early?  Do you have to carry your bags down the stairs?  Do you have to sign up to get off early or is it a free for all?

Not looking forward to this as it is an 11 night cruise and usually I have more than one bag.  

thanks for any advice 

Yes you will have to carry your bags off if you want earlier enough embarkation. I think the earliest luggage tag won't be called until after 7:30.......this based off docking at the scheduled time.

The port you are sailing from will matter. If it is port evergreen in FLL, you MIGHT be able to make it. If the ship docks on time and you are in a Lyft/Uber or whatever transportation at 7:30.  Since it's like 15 to 20min to the airport from the port.

If you are sailing out of Miami or port Canaveral I worry. You need to factor in 35min to an hour to get to the airport......after you have gotten your transportation. Both are busier airports and you have an international flight. 11:30 means boarding will began at 11 and usually the doors will close at 11:20.

Without precheck the security lines could be an hour+ wait. MCO is particularly known for this.

Good luck! I hope it works for you.

My cruise is in Sydney Australia.   We arrive back to Port at 6:30 AM. The airport is 20 minutes away and I have an 11:20 AM flight out.
My TA is scheduling transportation for us as there are a number of people catching 10:30 AM flights.  
Do they let you use the elevators to get off of the ship or do I have to carry my luggage down the flights of stairs? That’s my main concern.

Thank you for any follow up

4 hours ago, MindiLou said:

My cruise is in Sydney Australia.   We arrive back to Port at 6:30 AM. The airport is 20 minutes away and I have an 11:20 AM flight out.
My TA is scheduling transportation for us as there are a number of people catching 10:30 AM flights.  
Do they let you use the elevators to get off of the ship or do I have to carry my luggage down the flights of stairs? That’s my main concern.

Thank you for any follow up

Okay that helps. You should be fine for an 11:30 flight. You can use the elevators. But the later you wait to leave, the longer the wait. I have known people to get up at 6am, then be sitting on deck 4 or 5 at 7am for when they open the gangway.

The Windjammer usually opens at 6am if you want breakfast. You can hit the buffet and be down by the exit before 7am.