Are we Britsh being ripped off?

Afternoon 

Just noticed on the RC planner when not logged in for our 3 days cruise the refreshment package was $25 but when i log in it goes to £25 

now taking exchange rate into consideration the £ cost should be cheaper 

i noticed this on all the Add On's the $usd price & £stg price were the so have to admit im feeling a little ripped off 

anybody else notice this?

Without looking at the cost of goods in the UK vs elsewhere, it's a difficult question to answer. If it is only looked at from an exchange rate perspective, I can see how that thought can come about. If the revenue managers on board are held to a standard other than percentage of cost to revenues, I think maybe is the assumption. I doubt that's the case, though. I think the number "25" has a marketing appeal. I also think there could have been a simple error in the editing of the item on the website.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I believe if you're paying in £ they don't add the 18% gratuities so it's a little closer in comparison in total.

According to google, the current exchange rate is essentially 1 dollar to 0.8 pounds.  So $25 * 1.18 = $29.5 final price * 0.8 = 23.6 pounds.  Pretty similar number.  It's always important to compare final price to final price.

I have 2 cruises booked from Barcelona this year on Oasis.  One was booked through a USA agent and one in the UK.

The USA cruise for the drinks package has a headline rate of $69.99, when you check out it adds on 18% tip and a 10% Spanish tax.

The one priced in £ adds nothing on, it's all included in the headline price.  They are 2 separate cruises so the price is different so you can't compare exactly the cost but it's within a few £ per night.

So I would say no- you are not being ripped off, it's just a different way of pricing things in different markets.